+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

curiousQ

Sep 23, 2021
Hi - My parents application for PR that I am sponsoring - initiated in June 2019 and Biometrics submitted + Medicals passed in July 2021. I submitted a few more docs and RPRF fees paid based on a mail ask from CPC Mississauga on 08 Sep 2021.
My parents are residing with me in Canada on visitor visa ---and Biometrics and Medicals were done and submitted within Canada.
My parents will continue to stay with me for a few more months and my expectation was that all of processing would be completed by Mississauga office.

Today received a mail saying that file will be transferred to New Delhi office.

I am confused as to why that would be done. Any inputs will be helpful?

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Hi - My parents application for PR that I am sponsoring - initiated in June 2019 and Biometrics submitted + Medicals passed in July 2021. I submitted a few more docs and RPRF fees paid based on a mail ask from CPC Mississauga on 08 Sep 2021.
My parents are residing with me in Canada on visitor visa ---and Biometrics and Medicals were done and submitted within Canada.
My parents will continue to stay with me for a few more months and my expectation was that all of processing would be completed by Mississauga office.

Today received a mail saying that file will be transferred to New Delhi office.

I am confused as to why that would be done. Any inputs will be helpful?
Are your parents from India ? If so, sometimes, they send the file to the Visa Office so they can finalize it and do the security check and all before the PPR.

Reactions: Alexis1971

curiousQ

Sep 23, 2021
Are your parents from India ? If so, sometimes, they send the file to the Visa Office so they can finalize it and do the security check and all before the PPR.
Yes - they are from India.
So - after the security check and finalization would the file be transferred back to CPC Mississauga for PPR ?
I have let the IRCC know multiple times that parents are residing with me in Canada.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Yes - they are from India.
So - after the security check and finalization would the file be transferred back to CPC Mississauga for PPR ?
I have let the IRCC know multiple times that parents are residing with me in Canada.
I know someone who was in Canada with a visitor visa and his file was being process in Lebanon and when he got the PPR email, in the email it was written that if he is in Canada, he can get his visa in a canadian office here.. So if on their file it is mention that they are residing in Canada, they should not have any problem

LeoWake

Dec 10, 2019
Still waiting here… our file was transferred from cpc-M to cpc-O… who knows if that will speed us up or slow us down at this point? got remedical (with 6 months validly still left on the original medical) and re-police certificate… nothing since. Feb2020 Outland.

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hey has anybody tried calling the agents for status update? Last i tried…they said they cant provode status update as of now due to shift of call centre resources for dealing the Afghanistan crisis .
Has anyone had success in getting status update?

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hey has anybody tried calling the agents for status update? Last i tried…they said they cant provode status update as of now due to shift of call centre resources for dealing the Afghanistan crisis .
Has anyone had success in getting status update?
i called yesterday and I got this guy who told me he couldn't give me info on my file as I wasn't the applicant. I had a serious chat with him, then he put me on hold can pretty much provided me with the same information....file is with CPC-M, not reopened as yet. I told him that I was a Canadian citizen and I've been waiting too long to hear his nonsense.

• Sad
Reactions: MayTa

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
i called yesterday and I got this guy who told me he couldn't give me info on my file as I wasn't the applicant. I had a serious chat with him, then he put me on hold can pretty much provided me with the same information....file is with CPC-M, not reopened as yet. I told him that I was a Canadian citizen and I've been waiting too long to hear his nonsense.
Okay . Will try calling today.
This delay is messing up with our lives:(

Super27

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
I called IRCC and asked about the status of eligibility, criminality and security. The agent said that it is not for the applicant to know, which is why it is not reflected on the online account. LOL.
They are literally keeping us in the dark now.

• Angry
Reactions: LJayme and MayTa