+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

covid19- visitor visa

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi.
I have applied for visitor visa of my mother in law as we are expecting little one in September.
We have got the BioMetrics letter , however VFS offices are closed in India and not taking visitor visa application biometrics.
I have filled out all the necessary paper work and also got authorization letter from PHAC.
I have sent email regards to urgency around visitor visa application to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
Its been more than 4 weeks but I have not got any reply back from them.
I am wondering what other steps should I take to ensure she gets the visitor visa before September.
We have filled out all the necessary paper work including quarantine plans, doctors note with his information , PHAC authorization letters.

Please advise.
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.
I have applied for visitor visa of my mother in law as we are expecting little one in September.
We have got the BioMetrics letter , however VFS offices are closed in India and not taking visitor visa application biometrics.
I have filled out all the necessary paper work and also got authorization letter from PHAC.
I have sent email regards to urgency around visitor visa application to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
I am wondering what other steps should I take to ensure she gets the visitor visa before September.
We have filled out all the necessary paper work including quarantine plans, doctors note with his information , PHAC authorization letters.

Please advise.
Thanks.
She will need to get biometrics done and it's unknown when this will be possible in India. Consider having her travel to Dubai or Nepal in order to get biometrics done so that the TRV application can be processed.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
She will need to get biometrics done and it's unknown when this will be possible in India. Consider having her travel to Dubai or Nepal in order to get biometrics done so that the TRV application can be processed.
oh wow really ! so there is no way we can apply for bio metrics exemption ?! I thought email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca will help us obtain that exemption.
Unfortunately she can't travel to Dubai or Nepal to get it done.
Any way we can contact Indian VFS office to get some information around this ?

CABA

Jan 14, 2016

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
oh wow really ! so there is no way we can apply for bio metrics exemption ?! I thought email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca will help us obtain that exemption.
Unfortunately she can't travel to Dubai or Nepal to get it done.
Any way we can contact Indian VFS office to get some information around this ?
Some cases are grant biometric exmption if you are in urgent health condition (dying or for a funeral).
Why can't you mother in law travel to Dubai or Nepal? Is that because of travel visa/restriction? Or that of the risk she needs to take for traveling?
That's the same kind of risk traveling to Canada.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hi.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Hi in which category or under which link did you apply for PhaC authorization letter for your mother in law.
I am pregnant and i also want to apply for my mom's visa. But dont know if i can get the phac letter.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi in which category or under which link did you apply for PhaC authorization letter for your mother in law.
I am pregnant and i also want to apply for my mom's visa. But dont know if i can get the phac letter.
You should be applying for a normal TRV. There is no reason why your parent won’t be approved if they have a strong TRV application. Have they ever done biometrics for Canada? People keep applying for PHAC when coming to be with your grandchild is not really a typical PHAC situation. IRCC has now created this weird hybrid where they are granting PHAC but then asking for biometrics. Your mother can not quarantine with you unless you have something like a basement suite because pregnant women are more vulnerable to covid and have contact with the health system.