+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoVID19 Travel Ban by Canada on All Foreign Nationals-Does it include COPR holders? Will my airline allow me to fly from India to Toronto?

Gsk47

Nov 8, 2019
AOR Received.
9th july, 2019
Med's Done....
08-2019
You are right, i have similar fears back in mind, its good to hear each of us s thoughts to reach to a certain decision , thanks

Reactions: bnextgen

bnextgen

Apr 4, 2019
You are right, i have similar fears back in mind, its good to hear each of us s thoughts to reach to a certain decision , thanks
I wish you and your family all the best. please keep us posted here on what you hear back or you take any actions.

I reached out to IRCC through their webform yesterday, will post it here what I hear back

atit

Jan 20, 2014
Hi, My wife is having COPR valid till May and she's traveling on April 15 from AMD to YYZ. Please let us know if you get any updates. We have raised COPR but not sure they will reply prior to that.

bnextgen

Apr 4, 2019
Hi, My wife is having COPR valid till May and she's traveling on April 15 from AMD to YYZ. Please let us know if you get any updates. We have raised COPR but not sure they will reply prior to that.
Let IRCC know that you might not be able to travel by the expiry because of the border closure through their webform. IRCC says that they would reply to the webform in 2-5 business days and they sure should reply. I sent one yesterday, I hoping to get a. Response by end of this week, I have an account expiry in 30th April and pretty sure I cannot travel within that with this situation

Tanji_Rah

Mar 18, 2020
Talked to a CBSA agent he said COPR holders also fall into this ban. I've raised a web form and waiting for the instructions. My COPR has validity till July'2020.Please keep us updated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Talked to a CBSA agent he said COPR holders also fall into this ban. I've raised a web form and waiting for the instructions. My COPR has validity till July'2020.Please keep us updated.
Just wait until closer to July and hopefully you can fly then. The cases that are more urgent are those where COPR expires in the next few weeks.

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
Our CoPR expires on April 22nd.we had flight with air canada.booked since December 2019 for this morning from Trinidad to Toronto.web checked in everything.only to be turned away at the check in counter this morning at 3am.the check in lady said no .we tried to explain that we have our CoPR and immigrant visa .plus the restrictions for persons boarding flights to canada starting at 12 noon.she said no

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Our CoPR expires on April 22nd.we had flight with air canada.booked since December 2019 for this morning from Trinidad to Toronto.web checked in everything.only to be turned away at the check in counter this morning at 3am.the check in lady said no .we tried to explain that we have our CoPR and immigrant visa .plus the restrictions for persons boarding flights to canada starting at 12 noon.she said no
Send in a request for an extension including your flight details and that you denied boarding because of the ban.

sherifdarar

Apr 5, 2018
I am sorry to hear your bad experience. That means COPR holders aren't allow to travel. Pretty clear now. Let's wait what IRCC will announce .

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020
Also air Canada not willing to refund our money they are saying its our fault but we tried calling to jo avail.plus when we web checked in they could of simple say at this time you cannot web check in cause you are a mon national