+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid Vaccine

Jullie2018

May 26, 2018
Hi All,
I have the first stage approval and waiting for medical examination letter. Is anyone have submitted any medical lately? Is there any obligation to get covid vaccine before landed?
I worry about any obligation to get the vaccine as a requirement to get the permanent residency as I never taken vaccines during my adult life. Please don't judge or lecture me about my medical preference.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IMO what you should be prepared for is certain limitations is what you may be able to do once you move to Canada. Certain employers are already mandating vaccines and there is talk of a potential vaccine passport which has the potential to impact restaurant visits, gyms, etc. It's still very early days so too early to tell what the full impact will be. But I think safe to say you may face some restrictions.

Reactions: Jullie2018

Chillnick

Apr 29, 2021
Yeah it's probably going to be a hurdle for you if you're unwilling to get vaccinated. Either getting in the country as someone mentioned, or possibly getting employment if you do manage to get in. You may call it a medical preference, but it's a countrywide requirement to get into the country, and you'll probably find a lot of employers require it for employment consideration. It's a choice you're free to make, but it will likely create obstacles that you could easily have avoided if you got vaccinated.

Reactions: Jullie2018

Jullie2018

May 26, 2018
Yeah it's probably going to be a hurdle for you if you're unwilling to get vaccinated. Either getting in the country as someone mentioned, or possibly getting employment if you do manage to get in. You may call it a medical preference, but it's a countrywide requirement to get into the country, and you'll probably find a lot of employers require it for employment consideration. It's a choice you're free to make, but it will likely create obstacles that you could easily have avoided if you got vaccinated.
I am not too worried about employment as I am self employed, what I am wondering is is it becoming a additional requirement for medical check and before "landed" as a permanent residency. Thanks for your insight!

Jullie2018

May 26, 2018
IMO what you should be prepared for is certain limitations is what you may be able to do once you move to Canada. Certain employers are already mandating vaccines and there is talk of a potential vaccine passport which has the potential to impact restaurant visits, gyms, etc. It's still very early days so too early to tell what the full impact will be. But I think safe to say you may face some restrictions.
Thanks for your reply! I understand the restrictions are applied in many countries including where I am from.

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
I am not too worried about employment as I am self employed, what I am wondering is is it becoming a additional requirement for medical check and before "landed" as a permanent residency. Thanks for your insight!
Hi Jullie I am wondering how this went for you ? Thanks

Peter Tran

Jul 6, 2020
Hi Jullie,

May I ask how it is going for your case? Have you got your PR approval yet? I think I am in the same boat as you were. I have just had my medical check-up taken and the doctor asked abt my Covid vaccination status. I have none at the moment. Kind of worrying this may affect my MR and the whole process. Could you pls kindly share your experience so far on this issue? Thanks.

Peter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Jullie,

May I ask how it is going for your case? Have you got your PR approval yet? I think I am in the same boat as you were. I have just had my medical check-up taken and the doctor asked abt my Covid vaccination status. I have none at the moment. Kind of worrying this may affect my MR and the whole process. Could you pls kindly share your experience so far on this issue? Thanks.

Peter.
This won't impact your ability to get PR. You won't fail the MR due to not having the vaccine.

There will be other challenges / restrictions unrelated to immigration like the ability to travel.

Peter Tran

Jul 6, 2020
This won't impact your ability to get PR. You won't fail the MR due to not having the vaccine.

There will be other challenges / restrictions unrelated to immigration like the ability to travel.
Many thanks for your reply. Exactly what I need to know at this moment. Cheers!

Reactions: scylla