+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-Travel Exemptions / Exemptions de voyage-COVID (IRCC)

Senator1

Aug 15, 2017
Mon, May 3, 9:08 AM (11 days ago)

I am just confused here though I know that there is travel restrictions to Canada by those that received Permanent Residence visa after March 18, 2020. I am a Canadian citizen . My wife recently got her Permanent Residence (PR) and now ready to come and join me in Canada. We sent an email on March 3, 2021 requesting for an authorization letter of covid-19 travel exemptions for her to unite with me in Canada. According to the Automated reply that the will contact us within 14 days We are still waiting . What is the likelihood of them not approving for her to join me?

*** This message is an automated reply, which is unable to receive replies***

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your email. We will contact you within 14 business days after receiving a complete request. Some cases may fall outside these processing times if they are not complete or require further verification. Please read the information below to make sure your request is complete and to avoid delays.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Mon, May 3, 9:08 AM (11 days ago)

I am just confused here though I know that there is travel restrictions to Canada by those that received Permanent Residence visa after March 18, 2020. I am a Canadian citizen . My wife recently got her Permanent Residence (PR) and now ready to come and join me in Canada. We sent an email on March 3, 2021 requesting for an authorization letter of covid-19 travel exemptions for her to unite with me in Canada. According to the Automated reply that the will contact us within 14 days We are still waiting . What is the likelihood of them not approving for her to join me?

*** This message is an automated reply, which is unable to receive replies***

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your email. We will contact you within 14 business days after receiving a complete request. Some cases may fall outside these processing times if they are not complete or require further verification. Please read the information below to make sure your request is complete and to avoid delays.
Your spouse does not need an authorization letter. If you read carefully you will see that immediate family members of Canadian citizens or PRs have a broader exemption. Just need proof of marriage to Canadian citizen (and other covid requirements that apply to all travellers such as hotel booking and covid test).