+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid Family Reunion -- TRV Approved for Spouse and Child, Passport Stamping Pending for 8 Weeks

jaytor2020

Aug 11, 2020
Dear Experts,

My spouse and child are in India. Their TRVs have been approved before ~ 8 weeks. Curiously, they have not received Passport request for Visa stamping yet.
One reason for this may be is because all VFS offices in India are closed.

Wondering if there is any way of bringing both of them to Canada with just the Visa Approvals without waiting for the stamping.

I understand under normal circumstances, travel without Visa stamping in NOT allowed, since COVID has impacted the way world does business, has there been any change in this aspect ?

s87788338

Sep 6, 2020
Dear Experts,

My spouse and child are in India. Their TRVs have been approved before ~ 8 weeks. Curiously, they have not received Passport request for Visa stamping yet.

Wondering if there is any way of bringing both of them to Canada with just the Visa Approvals without waiting for the stamping.

I understand under normal circumstances, travel without Visa stamping in NOT allowed, since COVID has impacted the way world does business, has there been any change in this aspect ?
How did u know thier TRVs have been approved ? I applied SOWP for my spouse, gcms says application approved but IRCC webiste still shows "applicaion in progress".

Rooney346

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. Please let me know if you've found a solution for this.

My spouse is currently outside Canada and her TRV was approved early August. Hasn't been able to get the visa stamped because visa offices where she's located are currently closed. No clue what to do.

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Dear Experts,

Did you submit a webform to request them for Passport request from New Delhi visa office?

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. Please let me know if you've found a solution for this.

My spouse is currently outside Canada and her TRV was approved early August. Hasn't been able to get the visa stamped because visa offices where she's located are currently closed. No clue what to do.
Try submitting a webform, that would atleast give you some information!

srivatsan90

Sep 5, 2017
Anyone had any idea whats happening ? One of my friend received PPR for his spousal sponsorship filed in Sep 2019. He has been asked to send the passport directly to visa office instead of VFS

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Anyone had any idea whats happening ? One of my friend received PPR for his spousal sponsorship filed in Sep 2019. He has been asked to send the passport directly to visa office instead of VFS
I believe this might be due to the immigration minister announcing recently that Spousal Sponsorship will be processed on priority. This could be part of the new policy.