+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID delays oath ceremony

HJAMAL1998

Dec 14, 2016
Hey all,
Quick question. Although I know that CIC is planning on arranging virtual citizenship ceremonies, I was wondering how long it takes for them to reach out with the ceremony date? (If anyone) I haven’t received any yet plus I gave my test in the beginning of March And passed. The application Status still says in process.
Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey all,
Quick question. Although I know that CIC is planning on arranging virtual citizenship ceremonies, I was wondering how long it takes for them to reach out with the ceremony date? (If anyone) I haven’t received any yet plus I gave my test in the beginning of March And passed. The application Status still says in process.
Thank you.
1/ It appears that the only virtual ceremonies are for some of those whose Oath date was cancelled. I assume you weren't given an Oath date.

Kanapolka

Jul 13, 2020
Hi all, I am wondering the same I did my exam mid february and passed, still haven't heard back on a date for the ceremony. However, I know someone who did the test in March and has already been called for the oath. Is it normal that someone who did the exam later gets called first?

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
It’s long way to wait that mine ceremony got cancelled at the end of March, still no news for the virtual ceremony

Reactions: HJAMAL1998

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi all, I am wondering the same I did my exam mid february and passed, still haven't heard back on a date for the ceremony. However, I know someone who did the test in March and has already been called for the oath. Is it normal that someone who did the exam later gets called first?
In which office have you given the citizenship test.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
My oath ceremony was scheduled for March 21st and then cancelled due to covid. After waiting patiently, I sent an inquiry using the IRCC web form to asl when it can be re-scheduled. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Given that public health authorities continue to recommend social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19, all in-person appointments are cancelled until further notice:

If you had an in-person appointment scheduled at a local IRCC office you will be contacted at a later date for the rescheduling of your appointment.

Regarding landings for permanent residence and other immigration services at the port of entry (POE):

• You should not travel to a POE to apply directly to a border services officer.
  • Travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
We invite you to consult our website regularly. It will be updated as the situation evolves.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.