+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid and expired COPR

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

for those who received pr approval before March 18, but were unable to travel due to covid..have any of you completed the webform and gotten a positive response???

Are they granting new coprs for those who are traveling for permanent settlement?

my husband was supposed to come in May, but cudnt because of covid. We are now planning for him to move to canada in December but need approval from CIC before we can make any permanent moves such as current job resignation, ticket booking, selling stuff, etc.

Has anyone successfully gotten an extension and are now set to travel soon?? If yes, what did you include in your webform?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

HI as per this link it seems you can land in canada with expired COPR if you want to settle there permanently. If you have any updates please post here .

Last edited:
Reactions: ankit2055

ankit2055

Sep 15, 2020
Hi. Same situation here. My copr expired in July 2020,but I couldn't travel due to Covid. Now I am ready and have been raising web forms, but the only reply I get is the generic one and no details or next steps to carry out

Were you able to get any steps or reply from them now ?

Kalika18

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi. Same situation here. My copr expired in July 2020,but I couldn't travel due to Covid. Now I am ready and have been raising web forms, but the only reply I get is the generic one and no details or next steps to carry out

HI actually I have not tried so far , I will try today. Have you heard back yet.

quantized

Aug 11, 2018
Hi,

My profile : Express Entry, FSW, Indian Citizen living in the US

My first CoPR was issued in June 2019 and was valid up to May 2020. I was unable to land due to covid situation. My timeline is as follows
  • Raised a webform on Sept 17th stating I want to settle down in Canada and have a job offer
  • On sept 20th I send another webform sharing my offer letter and quarantine and travel plan
  • On Sept 29th, I received reply to my first web form, text of which is shared below
  • On Sept 30th, I received a message on my CIC account asking me to send passport and pictures to Ottawa
  • On Oct 2nd, My passport was delivered to Ottawa
  • On Oct 13th application status on CIC page changed from submitted to approved.
  • On Oct 13th I received a call from CIC that I have messed up the return label and was asked to send another one on email. I did that the same day.
  • On Oct 14th fedex tracking was activated.
  • On Oct 15th Passport was delivered.

Hope this helps.

Text from first email

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

Reactions: armoured

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello,

for those who received pr approval before March 18, but were unable to travel due to covid..have any of you completed the webform and gotten a positive response???

Are they granting new coprs for those who are traveling for permanent settlement?

my husband was supposed to come in May, but cudnt because of covid. We are now planning for him to move to canada in December but need approval from CIC before we can make any permanent moves such as current job resignation, ticket booking, selling stuff, etc.

Has anyone successfully gotten an extension and are now set to travel soon?? If yes, what did you include in your webform?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
I'm at a similar situation. Only difference is that I DID NOT raise a "ready to travel" web form yet. Was planning on doing it now but rules changed and we now ought to wait IRCC contact us instead of raising a "ready to travel" web form, which is no longer recommended.

How did your husband situation develop?

JOW

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019

Did you see that things changed and we are no longer supposed to raise "ready to travel" web forms anymore? Now we should wait until they contact us asking if we are ready.