Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone. I submitted an inland app in June. I need to travel to the US in August for my brothers wedding. The trip will be about 5 days total. I have a few questions.

1. Since I am a USA citizen do travel restrictions apply to me? I currently have no symptoms of COVID.

2. When returning to Canada I understand that I have to quarantine for 14 days. Can I quarantine at home with my spouse? I am symptom free as I said before. My family and I are worried that either I wont be able to attend the wedding, or that I will be refused entry to Canada coming back. Can anyone make any recommendations?

3. I have a valid visitor record for one year during the processing of my inland app. Will this status be affected if i'm granted re entry?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone. I submitted an inland app in June. I need to travel to the US in August for my brothers wedding. The trip will be about 5 days total. I have a few questions.

1. Since I am a USA citizen do travel restrictions apply to me? I currently have no symptoms of COVID.

2. When returning to Canada I understand that I have to quarantine for 14 days. Can I quarantine at home with my spouse? I am symptom free as I said before. My family and I are worried that either I wont be able to attend the wedding, or that I will be refused entry to Canada coming back. Can anyone make any recommendations?

3. I have a valid visitor record for one year during the processing of my inland app. Will this status be affected if i'm granted re entry?
Also do I have to quarantine in the USA upon arrival for 2 weeks before returning?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Also do I have to quarantine in the USA upon arrival for 2 weeks before returning?
Not sure if you need to quaratine in US upon arrival in US. I think it's state specific. Check your desination state.

And I hope that's a small wedding. I would be worried if you are going to a big wedding or post wedding parties.

And if you go home and stay with your spouse after your travel BOTH of you needed to stay quaratine at home.

So no one can go out for grocery shopping ...etc. Pre-arrange support from friends/families and get food and grocery delivered.

Avoid contact with delivery person as well.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Not sure if you need to quaratine in US upon arrival in US. I think it's state specific. Check your desination state.

And I hope that's a small wedding. I would be worried if you are going to a big wedding or post wedding parties.

And if you go home and stay with your spouse after your travel BOTH of you needed to stay quaratine at home.

So no one can go out for grocery shopping ...etc. Pre-arrange support from friends/families and get food and grocery delivered.

Avoid contact with delivery person as well.
Before covid it was supposed to be big, but he has brought the list of people down to keep everyone safe. Also when I said it was in August it was an error. It was postponed to october.