+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 TRAVEL BAN AND PGWP HOLDERS

mazhar2020

Mar 20, 2020
Hi

I am a current PGWP holder and came to my home country Bangladesh for vacation on Feb 29, 2020 and currently stuck here. Based on Bill Blair's announcement on March 18, 2020, aside from temporary foreign workers are intl students and other work visa/permit holders allowed to enter Canada

Please advise

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I am a current PGWP holder and came to my home country Bangladesh for vacation on Feb 29, 2020 and currently stuck here. Based on Bill Blair's announcement on March 18, 2020, aside from temporary foreign workers are intl students and other work visa/permit holders allowed to enter Canada

Please advise

Thanks
No - unfortunately PGWP / work permit holders cannot enter Canada at this time.

krishnat

Jul 4, 2013
Hi

Please advise

Thanks

travel ban for non-Canadian citizens and Permanent residents (as well as immediate family members) will be until June 30th.
This Order has effect for the period beginning at noon Eastern Daylight Time on March 18, 2020, and ending at noon Eastern Daylight Time on June 30, 2020.

If you have a work permit/study/tourist and outside you're not allowed to come to Canada until June 30.

https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi

Please advise

Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does that cover the SOWP, who got approved recently ? Can they enter?
There are new directives. Anyone who hasn’t landed already should really delay travel to Canada in order to prevent bringing in the virus or get infected themselves. If a spouse is working they would have to quarantine themselves if a spouse arrives. Getting a ticket may also be very difficult and expensive.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
There are new directives. Anyone who hasn’t landed already should really delay travel to Canada in order to prevent bringing in the virus or get infected themselves. If a spouse is working they would have to quarantine themselves if a spouse arrives. Getting a ticket may also be very difficult and expensive.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html
Yes, I agree but I wanted to see if anyone with recent SOWP approved arrived or can share experience of anyone known.

Sep 16, 2019
Hi not sure if this has been answered already so apologies if so. I have been approved a 2 year work permit in Canada coming from the UK. I need to enter the country by 30th September 2020 at the latest or my 1 year entry/activation time will have run out. I will then be too old to apply again (I'm 31). Does anyone know if they are granting extensions to the 1 year entry period due to Covid-19? I don't know who to ask, I've tried using the Canada visa website to ask the question but keep clicking through to a dead end.

Regards

Mark

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi not sure if this has been answered already so apologies if so. I have been approved a 2 year work permit in Canada coming from the UK. I need to enter the country by 30th September 2020 at the latest or my 1 year entry/activation time will have run out. I will then be too old to apply again (I'm 31). Does anyone know if they are granting extensions to the 1 year entry period due to Covid-19? I don't know who to ask, I've tried using the Canada visa website to ask the question but keep clicking through to a dead end.

Regards

Mark
You have 5 months to enter. Too soon to consider an extension.

Sep 16, 2019
Worth making clear that it is an IEC work permit I've been approved therefore I'm not sure if I come under the foreign worker expemtion