Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello all, I read online that IRCC is still accepting applications and that no one will be refused based on insufficient evidence. I was going to have the letters of support from family and friends attesting our relationship notarized, but due to covid 19 notaries do not seem to be open right now. Should I just have them write the letters and sign it without notarizing them? Or should I have them notarized when notaries re open again and postpone my application submission? Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all, I read online that IRCC is still accepting applications and that no one will be refused based on insufficient evidence. I was going to have the letters of support from family and friends attesting our relationship notarized, but due to covid 19 notaries do not seem to be open right now. Should I just have them write the letters and sign it without notarizing them? Or should I have them notarized when notaries re open again and postpone my application submission? Thanks.
That's not what IRCC has said. They will not return apps that are missing required documents people cannot obtain due to COVID-19, i.e. a PCC because no one is taking fingerprints, a medical because the Panel Physicians' offices are closed, a birth cert because the registry office is closed etc.

It's pointless to have family/friend letters notarized anyways. It is not required and doesn't make them any more convincing. Submit your app.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
That's not what IRCC has said. They will not return apps that are missing required documents people cannot obtain due to COVID-19, i.e. a PCC because no one is taking fingerprints, a medical because the Panel Physicians' offices are closed, a birth cert because the registry office is closed etc.

It's pointless to have family/friend letters notarized anyways. It is not required and doesn't make them any more convincing. Submit your app.
Thanks Canuck! Also should I bother having our rental agreement notarized? We live with her parents so we created a rental agreement and both signed it.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
We're a little nervous because it seems our proof of cohabitation is weak. We are only able to provide 2019 and 2020 rental agreement, tax docs showing common law, bank statements (not joint), a couple letters from friends and family attesting to the relationship, IRCC correspondence, some vet bills for our dog. Point is that we dont have joint utility accounts or government ID. My spouse has an ontario license, but I myself do not. Have any other ideas of things I could use to prove I live here? I could be over thinking, I just want to provide sufficient info..

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We're a little nervous because it seems our proof of cohabitation is weak. We are only able to provide 2019 and 2020 rental agreement, tax docs showing common law, bank statements (not joint), a couple letters from friends and family attesting to the relationship, IRCC correspondence, some vet bills for our dog. Point is that we dont have joint utility accounts or government ID. My spouse has an ontario license, but I myself do not. Have any other ideas of things I could use to prove I live here?
Do your proofs meet the checklist requirements? If so, you're fine.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Do your proofs meet the checklist requirements? If so, you're fine.
Ok, I trust what you're saying. So basically as long as I meet the requirement of 2 concrete proofs as stated in the checklist, I should be ok? I have seen some threads of people submitting more then enough concrete evidence and VO requests more proof. I guess it depends on the officer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok, I trust what you're saying. So basically as long as I meet the requirement of 2 concrete proofs as stated in the checklist, I should be ok? I have seen some threads of people submitting more then enough concrete evidence and VO requests more proof. I guess it depends on the officer.
When submitting, you need to meet the checklist requirements. A request for further documents would be a bridge to cross if and when it happens.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
When submitting, you need to meet the checklist requirements. A request for further documents would be a bridge to cross if and when it happens.
Ok. Do you think I should get a certificate of residency from the cra ? I heard I can use that as well

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok. Do you think I should get a certificate of residency from the cra ? I heard I can use that as well
Never heard of using that and given the pandemic, you can expect it to take months to even be issued.