+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid 19 may 2020 intake updates

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not half the semester. It's up to 50% of your program can be completed in a country outside Canada. If you do this, you can still get full PGWP
Thanks for catching my error. Think it is 50% or courses. Some courses will not be available online.

Sanchi kakkar

May 4, 2020
Please let me know the status of matrix college quebec as i was going to have may intake for my college and i have not yet recieved myvisa. What can I do now

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Please let me know the status of matrix college quebec as i was going to have may intake for my college and i have not yet recieved myvisa. What can I do now
Others can comment but Probably need to defer unless there is an online option to start your course. Also note that current travel restrictions unless a permit was approved 18 march or earlier cannot travel to Canada at the moment anyway.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html#restrictions-students

jazzyc

Jan 17, 2020
If you want to defer you need to email them and request a deferral leter. Or find out what are their other option. You may be given an option to start classes online like me.
Hi, My daughters will start this fall and i think online classes are going to be the best option their school is hinting. Though There’s no letter yet sent to us.
Are you taking your online classes from your home country or in canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, My daughters will start this fall and i think online classes are going to be the best option their school is hinting. Though There’s no letter yet sent to us.
Are you taking your online classes from your home country or in canada?
Does she already have her permit? Yes she can start online if the school and program is able to go online. She needs to make sure at least 50% of the program is done in person.

jazzyc

Jan 17, 2020
Does she already have her permit? Yes she can start online if the school and program is able to go online. She needs to make sure at least 50% of the program is done in person.
Yes they already got their permit in january of this year. We will weigh our options, they dont think taking online classes is best for them. There’s a lot of uncertainties in this situation. They might defer to a later opening if given an option.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Good day folks I applied to University of Manitoba for eng program for fall 2020 intake and was given but due to pandemic I defered to may 2021, and I also want to apply to Conestoga college for engineering for September 2021 can I apply for Visa with University of Manitoba since have started processing then when I get the visa I go to Conestoga college....