Covid-19: *exemptions to travel restrictions*

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

chicho23

May 4, 2020
Hello can anyone help with this update. My Cousin permanent resident was approved since January but she is stuck in Nigeria due to the covid 19 pandemic . her visa expires by June what can she do, since travel restriction hasnt been lifted for her to land in Canada. what does she do?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hello can anyone help with this update. My Cousin permanent resident was approved since January but she is stuck in Nigeria due to the covid 19 pandemic . her visa expires by June what can she do, since travel restriction hasnt been lifted for her to land in Canada. what does she do?
Yes, if she got CoPR issuance date before March 18, 2020, she can come to land.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she is unable to travel she should ask for an extension. If she hasn’t travelled by her COPR expiry date she will get an extension. Don’t think it is likely that international travel may be functioning by then.

chicho23

May 4, 2020
Yes, if she got CoPR issuance date is before March 18, 2020, she can come to land.
[
she has her flight ticket bought already but flights are not leaving yet, so does she need to ask for extension. or is therean office she need to send a mail to?