+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid 19 - are supervisa holders allowed to enter canada?

jassa

Sep 15, 2013
Hi guys, i am a permanent resident in canada and my father has supervisa approved .
As cic said immediate family members of permanent residents also incudes parents of person. But will he be allowed to travel to canada?
Any clarification would be helpful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, i am a permanent resident in canada and my father has supervisa approved .
As cic said immediate family members of permanent residents also incudes parents of person. But will he be allowed to travel to canada?
Technically yes. Getting a flight is a different story. They will have to go into isolation for 14 days. If living with you that will mean 14 days of complete isolation for your whole family as well. If any of your family is still worker that needs to be a consideration. Getting a flight may be very difficult and there are quite a lot of risks of catching the virus getting to the airport and flying to Canada.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi,

Congrats on your father's supervisa approval. Could you please confirm when did his case got approved. My parents case is at Medical stage. Father's GCKey status shows that he cleared the medical however my mother's medical status still the same (medical is requested). She went through the medical and we were waiting for the results. Now due to COVID-19, suspension of work activities in my country is imposed and medical centre is closed. I sent them an email and received an auto reply saying that operations are temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.

I have no issues and wish that everything gets normal asap. However I am just curious about medical outcome, its already delayed due to medical furtherance, so I am just anxious to know the outcome of medical for my mother.

Can anyone recommend who to send an email to get the status?

Best,