+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 and Landing Plan

aisha90

Jun 15, 2016
Hi,

I post this same question on Express Entry section but I think that is not the right section to post this question so I am posting here. Please give your suggestions. We received our COPR on 5th March, 2020 and we planned to land in Canada on 10th April, 2020 but now the COVID-19 situation all over the world has changed drastically over the last couple of weeks. Should we wait till June/July or we should travel right away or wait atleast 3 to 4 weeks? My country is not in the list of travel banned countries yet but we are concerned what if we land in Canada and situation gets worse there, will government helps new immigrants with no tax history? Any one landed recently, please share your experience. Please give your suggestions.

Thanks

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

I post this same question on Express Entry section but I think that is not the right section to post this question so I am posting here. Please give your suggestions. We received our COPR on 5th March, 2020 and we planned to land in Canada on 10th April, 2020 but now the COVID-19 situation all over the world has changed drastically over the last couple of weeks. Should we wait till June/July or we should travel right away or wait atleast 3 to 4 weeks? My country is not in the list of travel banned countries yet but we are concerned what if we land in Canada and situation gets worse there, share your experience. Please give your suggestions.

Thanks
Probably give more details when you ask regarding “will government helps new immigrants with no tax history? “
What do you mean ?

aisha90

Jun 15, 2016
Probably give more details when you ask regarding “will government helps new immigrants with no tax history? “
What do you mean ?
As I mentioned I just got my COPR so I will be a new immigrant. I have never been to Canada before. So I am concerned what will be the measures for new immigrants who are planning to land in next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I mentioned I just got my COPR so I will be a new immigrant. I have never been to Canada before. So I am concerned what will be the measures for new immigrants who are planning to land in next couple of weeks.
You’ll be expected to self-quarantine for14 days. Whether you qualify for health depends on the province and whether you are going to meet the residency requirement to receive healthcare in that province. You can expect hiring will likely be on hold for quite a while so not a great time to land and look for employment or even an apartment.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you mean financial assistance, don't expect any.

aisha90

Jun 15, 2016
You’ll be expected to self-quarantine for14 days. Whether you qualify for health depends on the province and whether you are going to meet the residency requirement to receive healthcare in that province. You can expect hiring will likely be on hold for quite a while so not a great time to land and look for employment or even an apartment.
You are right, its better to wait at least few weeks till things gets better or under control. The economy is not really good at the moment. Thanks for your input.

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello All, Can approved PRs having COPR can do first time landing in canada after this travel ban?

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Guys, any luck with the landing options? I am an inland applicant with COPR received. Waiting for landing options. Raised webform but got a generic reply that all appointments are cancelled and they are not taking a new one. I have heard some people have got their COPR validated via email without any interview or landing formality? Anyone has any idea about it?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys, any luck with the landing options? I am an inland applicant with COPR received. Waiting for landing options. Raised webform but got a generic reply that all appointments are cancelled and they are not taking a new one. I have heard some people have got their COPR validated via email without any interview or landing formality? Anyone has any idea about it?
You are likely on a list since you have contacted regarding inland landing. This has only started last week and there are long lists so it may take some time.

chocococo

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
I'm not sure I understand. Why would only someone who raised a webform be on a list and not everyone currently waiting for an inland landing interview?

Is it the process of sending CoPR by email without interview that only started last week?

We have been waiting for the Montreal office to contact us to finalize our application since February.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm not sure I understand. Why would only someone who raised a webform be on a list and not everyone currently waiting for an inland landing interview?

Is it the process of sending CoPR by email without interview that only started last week?

We have been waiting for the Montreal office to contact us to finalize our application since February.
It doesn't have anything to do with sending a Webform. Inland applicants haven't even been directed to send Webforms. Inland interviews are held by local offices, so each office is probably starting to go through their files in order of interviews that were already scheduled.