+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

..Covid-19 affects applications processing time?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sure anything is possible given IRCC staff are human as well and could be affected by COVID. You should monitor the various IRCC social media platforms and the IRCC website, processing time page for example

Clarita

Mar 13, 2015
Sure anything is possible given IRCC staff are human as well and could be affected by COVID. You should monitor the various IRCC social media platforms and the IRCC website, processing time page for example
Thank you for the information. Take care. Stay safe..

Dman1977

Mar 8, 2020
Very tough to tell, I think it could go either way as far as application processing is concerned.

On the positive side; far fewer people traveling, so far less of an immediate work load, less boundary crossings into Canada, less visas being issued, and thus more time to process applications.

on the negative side; IRCC could close to all but essential services, or temporarily shut down completely...

Dammiewealth

Mar 16, 2020
Very tough to tell, I think it could go either way as far as application processing is concerned.

On the positive side; far fewer people traveling, so far less of an immediate work load, less boundary crossings into Canada, less visas being issued, and thus more time to process applications.

on the negative side; IRCC could close to all but essential services, or temporarily shut down completely...
*My thinking too*

SankaraJ

Mar 30, 2020
They have indicated that they are processing applications still but they might experience delays. I have also seen guys getting their PPR but return of passport delays.

JosephQuebec

Mar 30, 2020
Does anyone know if the CIC is even working on permanent residence applications? Are all the offices completely shut down or are they still working?