+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coutts Flagpoling Experience

ddk2130

Dec 14, 2014
I thought I will write my experience about Coutts flagpoling here for everyones benefit.

Since I was on visitor visa, and not permitted to drive, my husband drove the car. Make sure to take the last exit and drive to the end of the residential area. There is a visitors parking area there. You will notice the barbed wire fencing at the US border end. (check google maps before you go, it will certainly help)

Take the entrance you see a long passageway and an elevator. The second floor will open onto the driveway towards US side. I just walked up to the US border with my documents and passport. The officer asked me to give my passport. I did not even have to tell him that I wanted to do flagpoling.

He asked me to wait in the US immigration office. A lady officer came with my passport and a letter after a few minutes and asked me to walk down the hallway. The stairs led to the Canada side of the drive way , where people were entering from US side. I did the same thing. Walked down with my passport and the letter. The officer asked questions about whether I am carrying weapons or alcohol etc. He asked me to go to the Canada immigration lobby area.

After the officer looked at my passport, letter and confirmed my visa status etc and completed the immigration procedures. The whole process took less than an hour. This was a weekend, so it was quite busy too.

I must admit, it was quite unnerving to walk across the border. I first went down to the 1st floor of the building , where the immigration office lobby is located to ask the immigration officer some questions but he was not helpful at all. He asked me why I did not go the Calgary CIC office , I said because it takes about 4-6 weeks and I cannot wait that long. So, please skip this step. I finally asked him that I cannot drive but if I want to cross the border , can I do it on foot and he said yes, just go to the 2nd floor, that is the exit. I know some forums say that the officers are rude but I think they just cannot offer counseling or advice.

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
ddk2130 said:
I thought I will write my experience about Coutts flagpoling here for everyones benefit.

Since I was on visitor visa, and not permitted to drive, my husband drove the car. Make sure to take the last exit and drive to the end of the residential area. There is a visitors parking area there. You will notice the barbed wire fencing at the US border end. (check google maps before you go, it will certainly help)

Take the entrance you see a long passageway and an elevator. The second floor will open onto the driveway towards US side. I just walked up to the US border with my documents and passport. The officer asked me to give my passport. I did not even have to tell him that I wanted to do flagpoling.

He asked me to wait in the US immigration office. A lady officer came with my passport and a letter after a few minutes and asked me to walk down the hallway. The stairs led to the Canada side of the drive way , where people were entering from US side. I did the same thing. Walked down with my passport and the letter. The officer asked questions about whether I am carrying weapons or alcohol etc. He asked me to go to the Canada immigration lobby area.

After the officer looked at my passport, letter and confirmed my visa status etc and completed the immigration procedures. The whole process took less than an hour. This was a weekend, so it was quite busy too.

I must admit, it was quite unnerving to walk across the border. I first went down to the 1st floor of the building , where the immigration office lobby is located to ask the immigration officer some questions but he was not helpful at all. He asked me why I did not go the Calgary CIC office , I said because it takes about 4-6 weeks and I cannot wait that long. So, please skip this step. I finally asked him that I cannot drive but if I want to cross the border , can I do it on foot and he said yes, just go to the 2nd floor, that is the exit. I know some forums say that the officers are rude but I think they just cannot offer counseling or advice.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is really helpful.

dr_jaat