+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cousin citizen of India to assist Canadian citizen grandmother to Canada due to illness

M.Deep

Mar 14, 2018
Hello,

My grandmother is a Canadian citizen travels every six months to India to visit her kids there. This time she is really weak and needs assistance to return to Canada. My cousin a citizen of India is applying for a visitor visa, has taken her medical reports and invitation letter from cousin bank statement and Notice of Assessments, copies of his bank statements, insurance policies, receipts from sales of his store, marriage certificate, tax returns and all supporting documents. He is married and has a child, runs his own shops. He wishes to assist her back to Canada. He is 30 years old and will be travelling with grandmother alone. He does have a sister here and his parents (grandmothers son) are in Canada super visa visiting their daughter in another province. He plans on coming to his aunt where his grandmother resides. What are the chances of receiving a VISA and is it possible. He plans to apply from India? Anyone have any pointers?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My grandmother is a Canadian citizen travels every six months to India to visit her kids there. This time she is really weak and needs assistance to return to Canada. My cousin a citizen of India is applying for a visitor visa, has taken her medical reports and invitation letter from cousin bank statement and Notice of Assessments, copies of his bank statements, insurance policies, receipts from sales of his store, marriage certificate, tax returns and all supporting documents. He is married and has a child, runs his own shops. He wishes to assist her back to Canada. He is 30 years old and will be travelling with grandmother alone. He does have a sister here and his parents (grandmothers son) are in Canada super visa visiting their daughter in another province. He plans on coming to his aunt where his grandmother resides. What are the chances of receiving a VISA and is it possible. He plans to apply from India? Anyone have any pointers?
IMO, this will not work for quite a few reasons (apart from the purpose of visit).

Airline staff are competent and willing to assist/take care of elderly passengers both in-flight and on-ground/during layovers, they will provide wheelchairs and an airline ground staff will help the passenger, etc.

Another reason why your application will most likely not be approved for this purpose of visit: There are direct flights from Delhi and Mumbai (I'm not sure about direct flights from other major cities in India) to Toronto (for example). Your grandmom may want to book one of these flights

Last edited: