+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

court Marriage without Parents in India

Jasskaur102

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi there,
I am Permanent Resident in Canada and I am going to marry my boyfriend who is in India. We are in relationship since school time (almost 8 9 years). Parents from my side are against my marriage. So, I am going to do only civil marriage without my parents so that my boyfriend can come to canada. Once, he ll come to canada, We will tell my parents by my side. I have enough proofs before marriage to show that Its not ‘’Marriage of convenience’’. I have chats from last 8 years, I went to Dubai this January with him. I Photographs (some in India, some in Dubai, some from high school). Dubai tickets, etc But I am not doing any religious wedding or any tradition. My concern is that
- I am just doing the court marriage. I want to do traditional wedding when My parents will agree in Future. Will this create a problem that Why We are just doing court marriage not following any tradition such as in temple.
- Parents from my side will not be present in our marriage. Will this create a problem.
- Also, Last year in June 2023. I applied Visitor visa for my Boyfriend which got rejected. Will this rejection create a problem in my file.
(Please suggest all the other things that helps in my case)
Thank you so much

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi there,
I am Permanent Resident in Canada and I am going to marry my boyfriend who is in India. We are in relationship since school time (almost 8 9 years). Parents from my side are against my marriage. So, I am going to do only civil marriage without my parents so that my boyfriend can come to canada. Once, he ll come to canada, We will tell my parents by my side. I have enough proofs before marriage to show that Its not ‘’Marriage of convenience’’. I have chats from last 8 years, I went to Dubai this January with him. I Photographs (some in India, some in Dubai, some from high school). Dubai tickets, etc But I am not doing any religious wedding or any tradition. My concern is that
- I am just doing the court marriage. I want to do traditional wedding when My parents will agree in Future. Will this create a problem that Why We are just doing court marriage not following any tradition such as in temple.
- Parents from my side will not be present in our marriage. Will this create a problem.
- Also, Last year in June 2023. I applied Visitor visa for my Boyfriend which got rejected. Will this rejection create a problem in my file.
(Please suggest all the other things that helps in my case)
Thank you so much
Explain it in the application. And it's probably best to spend time with your then husband after the wedding/civil marriage either live there for a bit or go to honeymoon.
BTW your boyfriend applied for TRV and it got rejected. (you didn't apply... may be you helped him to apply) Make sure you mention that in the application. Do not lie. It should not have major impact to your sponsorship application.

Reactions: armoured