+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Court Case (no criminal act)

arjunoberoi08

May 31, 2018
One is the owner of the house where he divided a house into 3 rental portions. There is one group of tenants (4 boys for rent registered with rent agreement) who made some illegal thing against the owner by inviting many people to stay with them and acts as Paying Guest. And the owner received a letter from Government that he misused the house. That led him into court case. And it's still going on. The owner's mother is handling it since the owner is handicapped with hearing impaired.

Now my doubt arises, will that affect the owner (along with his daughter) from going to visit his brother in Canada? Tell me the number of chances that it will not be affected. And if there's solution to avoid visa failed in this situation, please share.

(The reason to visit is that daughter desperately wanted to visit Canada so badly so she wanted to go with her father)
(There is no issue in invitation letter, letter of sponsorship, etc, as it's strong enough.)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
One is the owner of the house where he divided a house into 3 rental portions. There is one group of tenants (4 boys for rent registered with rent agreement) who made some illegal thing against the owner by inviting many people to stay with them and acts as Paying Guest. And the owner received a letter from Government that he misused the house. That led him into court case. And it's still going on. The owner's mother is handling it since the owner is handicapped with hearing impaired.

Now my doubt arises, will that affect the owner (along with his daughter) from going to visit his brother in Canada? Tell me the number of chances that it will not be affected. And if there's solution to avoid visa failed in this situation, please share.

(The reason to visit is that daughter desperately wanted to visit Canada so badly so she wanted to go with her father)
(There is no issue in invitation letter, letter of sponsorship, etc, as it's strong enough.)
Where are they applying from?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Never mind. I just saw your other thread. The applicant is from India.

There's more to this story that you haven't told us. While it is possible for the tenants to sub-tenant the rented accommodation (although it would be illegal + against the clauses of the rent agreement), it is not possible that the State/Indian government *issued a letter* for *misusing the house*.... to the extent that he is a defendant and the matter is now in the court.

Was the rented accommodation being used for some immoral business?
Or is it something else?
You'd need to tell us what the police charges are in this matter + why is the matter in the court + at what stage of trial is the matter

arjunoberoi08

May 31, 2018
Yes sir, it's India case. Sorry that I missed to add this. I don't know much about these details since I was not involved with this and focus on work, and now trying to help him for visa application. But what I know, is that tenants brought many, say, 15 beds, and invited their friends to their room, and it looks like Paying Guest with them.
It's residential property, but they are making it commercial. He's just helpless, but his mother is handling the case because she's the one who handled everything.
Now what about the visa application for him for the sake of his daughter's desire to visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes sir, it's India case. Sorry that I missed to add this. I don't know much about these details since I was not involved with this and focus on work, and now trying to help him for visa application. But what I know, is that tenants brought many, say, 15 beds, and invited their friends to their room, and it looks like Paying Guest with them.
It's residential property, but they are making it commercial.
Like I mentioned earlier, there's more to this than what you're telling us. Government authorities are not known to intervene in sub-tenanting matters and/or 'Change of User' from residential to commercial premises.... unless the premises were used for purposes that violate the law (such as immoral business or some other illegal activity).

Now what about the visa application for him for the sake of his daughter's desire to visit?
As an adult that's employed and earning an income, his daughter can apply for a TRV/visit on her own without her dad.

Based on your posts in other threads, IMO, his chances of a TRV approval are low.

As he is a defendant in the court matter, he must check with the court if he is allowed to travel abroad. If he has been charged under some section of the Indian Law then he must declare this in the 'Background Information' section of the TRV application form

Reactions: arjunoberoi08

arjunoberoi08

May 31, 2018
I understand sir. Thank you so much for such insight answer and useful suggestions. Appreciate it alot.
About daughter, she wanted to go with him and he wanted to taste Canada and his brother wanted to see him after such a long time. So they decided to go together. I will approach him your suggestion regarding court case.
Thanks.