+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Courses for Accountant Before Coming to Canada

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

For residents who have been in Canada for a long time (and also who might be working in the Accounts/Finance background).

i presently work as an accountant in UAE for the past 7 years.

what can you suggest for me to do before coming to Canada, with respect to finding jobs / getting more interview calls?

CPA is quite tough for me. Other than CPA is there any local designation i can work on ??

thank you for your time, it would be much appreciated.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Where are you moving to?

You can go to CPA board in the province you're moving to inquire about the courses. Or, can also contact local colleges for courses they offer.

I'm only here in Vancouver for a few months, no luck on finding a job yet so not really have the authority to provide advice. All I can say is job hunting is a hit and miss game and it really depends on one's luck per se. So, whatever you do or not don't really destine you to successfully employed.

You can try to build a linkedIn profile and make it public and see if recruiters contact you. Once you get here, be sure to network in meetup groups and try your luck on who you will meet.

Good luck!

Reactions: whimsical

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Where are you moving to?

You can go to CPA board in the province you're moving to inquire about the courses. Or, can also contact local colleges for courses they offer.

I'm only here in Vancouver for a few months, no luck on finding a job yet so not really have the authority to provide advice. All I can say is job hunting is a hit and miss game and it really depends on one's luck per se. So, whatever you do or not don't really destine you to successfully employed.

You can try to build a linkedIn profile and make it public and see if recruiters contact you. Once you get here, be sure to network in meetup groups and try your luck on who you will meet.

Good luck!
Thank you for your kind reply.

Since you have been hunting for a job (i m assuming an accounting / finance job). Will you be able to throw light on the kind of accounting certifications i can do before landing in Canada (other than CPA/CMA, of course) ? Are there any key words recruiters are looking for ??

Ohh .. BTW .. i wish to move to Toronto.