Champion Member
Sumonaney said:
Dear tiger and all expert pls tell me
One year or two years course would have many oppurcutinity for pr
My choice is manitoba first ans Saskatoon second
But I couldn't finalise about course

Pls pls rey
Hi,
It really depends. What's your profile?You 're from which country? What's your background? interest? Long term plan? Only looking for PR?
With a 1 year course..assuming you will do a PG certificate or diploma in some Canadian college, PR is possible..but at same time doing a 2 acd. years/4 sem/ min. 16 months full time study will get you a 3 years PGWP..which will give you enough time to pursue your immigration objectives.

So, unless you mention your full profile, it's difficult for anyone to suggest you a course.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
Dear tiger I am really lucky that u reply my mail
I am from bangladesh just completed dip of hospitality from melbourne working as a chef bt in aud no hope for pr that's why I want to move my only one target is pr
I knew that in Manitoba or Saskatoon if I do one year certificate course then I will get one year work permit
And if I can arrange job offer for long term then I can apply pr
Like snp or mnp

Pls advise me just give me ur best judgement I am gona listen promise

Thanks brother

Vinoprab

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Tiger,

My name is Vikram(India)and my qualification is B.E (CS).I have 4 years of IT exp from IBM. My IELTS Score is 6.5 -- R : 6 , L : 7 , W: 7, S : 6. I am planning for Sep 13 admit. I am gona apply for Technical Course(2yrs) in Lambton related to my qualification and Work Exp. Is it easy to get a IT job with this back ground after the course?

Please share your feedback :) :)

tiger007

Champion Member
Sumonaney said:
Dear tiger I am really lucky that u reply my mail
I am from bangladesh just completed dip of hospitality from melbourne working as a chef bt in aud no hope for pr that's why I want to move my only one target is pr
I knew that in Manitoba or Saskatoon if I do one year certificate course then I will get one year work permit
And if I can arrange job offer for long term then I can apply pr
Like snp or mnp

Pls advise me just give me ur best judgement I am gona listen promise

Thanks brother

HI,

If you have work experience as a chef, and get a full time job offer as cook/chef in Canada, then you may be eligible to apply for PR directly under newly started Federal Skilled Trades programme.
Or you can study a 1 year/2 years chef training/culinary arts course in some Canadian college, complete the course..and then apply for a PGWP, get a job... and then apply for PR under 1 of many student immigration programmes.
You can apply for chef training/cook/culinary arts certificate(1 year)/diploma(2 years) courses in Saskatchewan or Manitoba or anywhere else in Canada. In Sask. most famous college is SIAST, while in Manitoba Red river college and Assiniboine Community College are well known.
You need to go through the individual college websites, find programme and look for an appropriate course, see the deadline and apply for the fall 2013 intake.
Here's the list of recognized Canadian colleges and universities listed province wise, eligible for Off campus work permit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Alternatively, you can try to get PR in Australia too. It's not impossible..but I admit..it's difficult. You can apply under skill-select: Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa OR Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa. Both have 60 points as minimum requirement to be eligible, but these days the EOI cutoff is 70 points. So, if you see you can score 70 points now..then with a valid job offer in your area of study, you can also try for Australia immigration.

Best of Luck

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

tiger007

Champion Member
Vinoprab said:
Hi Tiger,

My name is Vikram(India)and my qualification is B.E (CS).I have 4 years of IT exp from IBM. My IELTS Score is 6.5 -- R : 6 , L : 7 , W: 7, S : 6. I am planning for Sep 13 admit. I am gona apply for Technical Course(2yrs) in Lambton related to my qualification and Work Exp. Is it easy to get a IT job with this back ground after the course?

Please share your feedback :) :)
Hi,
IT/CS/ Programmers will be in huge demand for coming years in Canada. But, getting a job in this or in any field is totally upon an individual - his/her skills, talents, academic record and most importantly networking skills and luck.

If you have atleast 60% in final 2 years of you B.E degree, I highly reccomend you to try for Master degree programmes in Canadian universities.

Best of Luck.

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
hey tiger,
it is good to see prompt reply from your side. Please advise me as well:
MBA--78% in 2008
Bsc-86%

And now I have 5 years of work experience as Export manager in a Surgical Company. I want to go for PGD or PGC (is there any diff b/w these two?) and after master can we appy in such PGD/PDC and what are the visa chances.

Hope I can hear from you soon

Regards,
Ayaz
If possible also advise me some college or university for PGD or PGC many thanks.

tiger007

Champion Member
ayaz123 said:
hey tiger,
it is good to see prompt reply from your side. Please advise me as well:
MBA--78% in 2008
Bsc-86%

And now I have 5 years of work experience as Export manager in a Surgical Company. I want to go for PGD or PGC (is there any diff b/w these two?) and after master can we appy in such PGD/PDC and what are the visa chances.

Hope I can hear from you soon

Regards,
Ayaz
If possible also advise me some college or university for PGD or PGC many thanks.

HI,

You have good academic and work ex record. I highly reccomend you to appear for GMAT (score min. 550 for admission to average schools) and get admission in a good MBA programme. Infact, you look a bit overqualified for PG certificate/diploma programme in Canadian colleges. Nevertheless, you can try applying there.

Best of Luck.

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
Hey tiger...I appreciate what you are doing for others.

My profile:
I am from india.
10 th : 86%
12 th : 84%
btech: 74% (last two years :79.5%) in ECE

i'm looking for networking courses and have chosen computer networking technician (certificate) in SIAST and networking PGD in centennial..are these two colleges enough or should i choose other colleges too...please recommend other colleges too..thanks.

Will i get admission and visa through SIAST's certificate course, with my profile as i have already done btech and thats a certificate course...thanks and reply soon :)

tiger007

Champion Member
moneywater said:
Hey tiger...I appreciate what you are doing for others.

My profile:
I am from india.
10 th : 86%
12 th : 84%
btech: 74% (last two years :79.5%) in ECE

i'm looking for networking courses and have chosen computer networking technician (certificate) in SIAST and networking PGD in centennial..are these two colleges enough or should i choose other colleges too...please recommend other colleges too..thanks.

Will i get admission and visa through SIAST's certificate course, with my profile as i have already done btech and thats a certificate course...thanks and reply soon :)

Hi,

You have very good academic record. I don't understand.. why people with such good scores want to pursue college level course first ! Do try for Master degree courses in Canadian universities. I mean..if one has low score in B.Tech, OK then I get it.. since one is not eligible to apply for Master degree courses in Universities, so... they go for college. But..in your case..with such good marks.. it will be downright foolish to pursue college level simple certificate(pursued after 10th std.) or simple diploma(pursued after 12th). Not to mention, chances of getting visa on diploma or certificate will be very low (due to course/level of study mismatch) but not impossible. So..try for Master degrees 1st. And since you are talking about SIASY in Sask., do you know that.. doing Masters form any of the 2 universities in Saskatchewan - Univ. of Sask. or Univ. of Regina will make you eligible for direct PR? There are many universities across Canada. Only..if you see that you are not getting admission to any of the universities Master programme, only then.. you apply for PG level certificate/diploma programmes in colleges. Go through each individual university website, and find appropriate Master degree in your field of study. Here's the exhaustive list of all universities and colleges, listed province wise participating in OCWP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Best of Luck.

Vinoprab

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Tiger,

First of all THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.
About my Academics
10th - 62%
12th - 60%
B.E. - 58%

Since my scores are low,I am applying for Colleges.
I am not intersted in Research type of courses (Univ have it).
I am looking for the course where i can learn partically and job Oriented as well. I am working as Windows Admin (IT Infrastructure)and planning to apply for Windows Admin course in Lambton College.

tiger007 said:
Hi,
IT/CS/ Programmers will be in huge demand for coming years in Canada. But, getting a job in this or in any field is totally upon an individual - his/her skills, talents, academic record and most importantly networking skills and luck.

If you have atleast 60% in final 2 years of you B.E degree, I highly reccomend you to try for Master degree programmes in Canadian universities.

Best of Luck.

tiger007 said:
Hi,

Best of Luck.

tiger007

Champion Member
Vinoprab said:
Hi Tiger,

First of all THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.
About my Academics
10th - 62%
12th - 60%
B.E. - 58%

Since my scores are low,I am applying for Colleges.
I am not intersted in Research type of courses (Univ have it).
I am looking for the course where i can learn partically and job Oriented as well. I am working as Windows Admin (IT Infrastructure)and planning to apply for Windows Admin course in Lambton College.
Hi,

Many Universities (apart from the top grade) consider min. 55%(in final 2 years) as equivalent to B grade. You can still try for course based Master degree in CS. To know more about grading see my previous reply on this older thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-wes-evaluation-helpful-in-gettin-admission-into-me-programs-t131026.0.html;msg2010849#msg2010849

You need to go through all individual universities, and check foreign grading equivalent chart, and if they consider above 55%+as equivalent to B grade like Univ. of Manitoba, Memorial Univ. etc., find appropriate course based MEng. in CS programmes and then you can surely apply there. Although, meeting minimum admission criteria is no guarantee for admissions. Yet you can appear for GRE, get a higher GRE score, write a good SOP and along with a good IELTS and make your application much stronger. It's worth the pain. If you still don't get admission in any of the universities..you can always join college PG level courses. Here's the exhaustive list of all recognized Canadian universities and colleges listed province wise participating under OCWP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Is this the Lambton course you are talking about? - http://www.lambton.on.ca/Programs/FT_Program_page.aspx?id=8433

Best of Luck.

Vinoprab

Jan 22, 2013
Hi Tiger,

Thanks Once again. Yes i looking for the course which you
have mentioned. The reason why i have choose, I have 4 yrs
of exp in same field. So it will be easy for me fetch a job
there. I would like to select in Canada..I will also check the
Univ which you have mentioned. Any feedback about the
course from LAMBTON ..Please provide your comments..

tiger 007 said:
Hi,

Many Universities (apart from the top grade) consider min. 55%(in final 2 years) as equivalent to B grade. You can still try for course based Master degree in CS. To know more about grading see my previous reply on this older thread:

You need to go through all individual universities, and check foreign grading equivalent chart, and if they consider above 55%+as equivalent to B grade like Univ. of Manitoba, Memorial Univ. etc., find appropriate course based MEng. in CS programmes and then you can surely apply there. Although, meeting minimum admission criteria is no guarantee for admissions. Yet you can appear for GRE, get a higher GRE score, write a good SOP and along with a good IELTS and make your application much stronger. It's worth the pain. If you still don't get admission in any of the universities..you can always join college PG level courses. Here's the exhaustive list of all recognized Canadian universities and colleges listed province wise participating under OCWP:

I

Best of Luck.

tiger007

Champion Member
Vinoprab said:
Hi Tiger,

Thanks Once again. Yes i looking for the course which you
have mentioned. The reason why i have choose, I have 4 yrs
of exp in same field. So it will be easy for me fetch a job
there. I would like to select in Canada..I will also check the
Univ which you have mentioned. Any feedback about the
course from LAMBTON ..Please provide your comments..
Hi,

Not just the Universities I mentioned..but there are many many other universities, where you will be eligible to apply for MEng. course based programmes. You just need to do the hard work, go through all university and department websites, see their admission criteria for International students/ equivalent grade chart for students from India, see the deadline and apply! If you are in doubt, shoot emails to the university departments..and present them with your profile. I'm sure with 4 years IT experience, some university may accept you after-all. you never know! So, take the pain... apply and see. And if you have already decided to apply for that Lambton college course... you can go for it, as I cannot specifically comment on that course.. but I can tell you..in general..that in no way a college PG certificate can compare with a university Masters (especially at technical level)..not just in terms of course content, infrastructure, funding, practical, co-op and learning experience... but also in terms of employment & networking opportunities. IF YOU ARE SURE...THAT LAMBTON COLLEGE COURSE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.MATCHES YOUR PROFILE AND INTEREST..THEN GO FOR IT..after all you know best..what fits you best! As, at the end of the day... university or college... bagging a skilled job in your field depends on your talent, skill, academic standing, how effectively you network and luck ofcourse!

Best of Luck.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

riva21

Mar 22, 2012
hello tiger! :)

your answer to all the questions are really helpful, could you give me some idea about schools in edmonton alberta which offers quality education at the same time lower tuition fee.. thank you and god bless!

about my education background i'm a graduate of bachelor of arts in mass communication (4 year course) and under graduate of bachelor of science in hotel and restaurant management in the philippines, I also came from US for last june 2011 because I joined the work and travel program which is being offered by USA for international students and they are giving opportunity to experience the life and how to work in US during their summer break.

i hope you'll respond to my question.. thanks again for helping all of us :)