+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

courier that operates from Canada to the United States

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
If you have a mailing address in the US
3. If you are sending passport(s): You must send us a self-addressed prepaid envelope from a courier that operates from Canada to the United States.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am in US right now. I went to the UPS store yesterday but he said UPS does not provide return prepaid envelope service for international shipping. He also mentioned I need to have someone in Canada to carry out this procedure. He also said same applies to Fedex, DHL, etc.

Please share any opinions on this scenario.

Thanks

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
I'm in the US. FEDEX does. They'll make you create a fedex account online. You can do it before you go to the fedex store to save time. Create an account. Then you can choose the return label option as you fill out the form in the fedex office. (form is online). At the end, you'll get your shipping label to go, and at the same time it'll print you a shipping label with tracking from Ottawa back. Tracking number will activate when your passports is on its way back. You can just log into your account to check the status of your passport in flight..going and then coming. Never listen to what UPS says about fedex and vice versa

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WISHLAD said:
If you have a mailing address in the US
3. If you are sending passport(s): You must send us a self-addressed prepaid envelope from a courier that operates from Canada to the United States.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am in US right now. I went to the UPS store yesterday but he said UPS does not provide return prepaid envelope service for international shipping. He also mentioned I need to have someone in Canada to carry out this procedure. He also said same applies to Fedex, DHL, etc.

Please share any opinions on this scenario.

Thanks
What the UPS person said about FedEx is not true. After getting some very reliable advice from fellow forum members, I shipped off my passport and those of my family's yesterday via FedEx. Followed the exact same procedure that the poster above lists. Except, I already had an a/c. What's more, they give you a discount just for having an a/c. I used International Priority. Original cost was $112, I paid S62. Passports were delivered today. Except a turnaround time of +/- 2 weeks for U.S. addresses.

Good luck!

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
What address did you put in "From address"?
What is the phone number?

I put my address in "To address"

How much weight you entered?

What delivery date you entered? I cant see/select dates beyond November 6th?
Not sure how much time CIC will take so which date to enter?

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
Please help in the below questions:

What address did you put in "From address"?
What is the phone number?

I put my address in "To address"

How much weight you entered?

What delivery date you entered? I cant see/select dates beyond November 6th?
Not sure how much time CIC will take so which date to enter?

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eefromusa said:
Please help in the below questions:

What address did you put in "From address"? - You will have to fill out a rturn mailer form as well. In that one, the From address will be CIC's.

What is the phone number? - I put my phone number for both sender and recipient

I put my address in "To address" - This is correct for the return label that CIC will use to ship your materials back. In the label you're using to send to Ottawa, the "to" address will be CIC's.

How much weight you entered? - 1 lb. But, 3 passports weights 0.6 lbs.

What delivery date you entered? I cant see/select dates beyond November 6th? - I didn't have to do this. I was asked to pick one shipping option; I selected International Priority.

Not sure how much time CIC will take so which date to enter? - See above.

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
Did you have to fill Customs form while creating the return package from Canada to USA?

and when you send ur passport to Canada from USA?

eefromusa

Aug 21, 2015
Thanks for the help..
Interestingly I called Fedex 3 times to ask about customs form
2 times they said you don't need custom form for documents
3rd time- a lady told me that Passport is not a document and hence we need the custom form
I ended up using customs form both ways