+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couple of Questions + Timeline

ts1234

Aug 1, 2017
Hi,

I got ITA on 31st March & I have submitted my documents on August 29th. I have been looking at the forums and even though I have some of the answers, I still want to recheck (I'm a little paranoid). So apologies if some of these questions are too basic or repetitive.

1) As per my understanding below will be the process & timeline. Please confirm.

- PPR - 3-6 months after submitting application. So I'm guessing I will find out by April 2018?
- 12 months after getting PPR for landing & apply for PR Card. I have to leave before my medical expires which means I have time till August.
- 90 days to get the PR Card. I have to physically present for all this time? Can I get a job while I wait?
- If I can give a friend's address and she can courier me the card then the problem is in my application, I gave Toronto and she lives in Vancouver. Can I give Vancouver's address?
- After that I can return back to my home country & can then travel within next 2-3 years. The timeline for me will from when I get the PR Card so 5 years meaning November 2018 - November 2023?

2) I plan on coming back after receiving the PR Card (assuming I get my card by October) and get married by December or January. Then I want to start the spousal visa application from my home country. I am told it will take around a year to process so I plan on being in the home country then once my husband gets his visa, we plan on travelling together. Do I have to notify the visa people about this change now or can I simply go on with this timeline and apply for spousal visa by say February/March?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: