+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couple of questions re Visitor Visa

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Hey folks

We are looking to apply for a visitor visa for my mother in law to come and visit grandkids, family reunion, etc for a few months
While filling the application, I got a bit confused about some of the questions and thought you guys might be able to help out

First is a question about if you are applying on behalf of someone else?
I’m filling out the application for my mother in law as she can’t do it herself, so technically I am applying on her behalf, but do I need to say yea to this question? If I say yes then they need some other paperwork to show that I’m authorized to do so.

Second question is about the invitation letter. It asks who is inviting you? Is just my wife enough? Or is it better to add her sister as well? They are both permanent residents.

Third question is how much money you have (or bringing) for your stay in Canada? How much you guys think I should put?
We are responsible for her shelter, transportation, food, etc.
So I’m kinda looking for a sweet spot regarding the money. Something that’s not too high or low.
They also ask if someone else giving you money for the trip. Should I say that we are giving her some money as well? Or that would hurt the application?

Also, we are thinking about maybe applying for permanent residency for her through PGP when it opens up again. Do you guys know if we can do it while she is on visitor visa in Canada?

I’d really appreciate it if someone can help me out

Mjamjam

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello,

No for the first question. No need to have your wife sister on the application if your wife can show proof of financial stability. As for the amount of money, it depends on duration of stay but I'd put a minimum of 5k.

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Hey guys
I’m considering applying for Super Visa instead of regular visitor visa, and I have some questions if you can help

1- in general, does the super visa has a better chance of approval compared to regular visitor visa? I’m asking this because for Super Visa we have to promise to financially support our guest and income-wise our household income is very well over the minimum requirement.

2- As recently announced, the medical insurance can now be paid monthly instead of the full year upfront. Canada.ca website says that it requires a deposit though. So my question is when the insurance should start since I don’t know the arrival date yet? I know that most insurance companies let you change the effective date, but what happens to the deposit?

3- Does notarizing the invitation letter helps in any way?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys
I’m considering applying for Super Visa instead of regular visitor visa, and I have some questions if you can help

1- in general, does the super visa has a better chance of approval compared to regular visitor visa? I’m asking this because for Super Visa we have to promise to financially support our guest and income-wise our household income is very well over the minimum requirement.

2- As recently announced, the medical insurance can now be paid monthly instead of the full year upfront. Canada.ca website says that it requires a deposit though. So my question is when the insurance should start since I don’t know the arrival date yet? I know that most insurance companies let you change the effective date, but what happens to the deposit?

3- Does notarizing the invitation letter helps in any way?

Thanks
1. depends on whether your MIL has strong ties to her home country and has her own savings. If you have an NOA that is well over LICO and your MIL has strong ties to her home country then supervisa is likely a better option especially if she doesn’t have a lot of savings. For a normal visashe would have to show she has her own savings to support her travels even if you would be providing shelter, food, etc. Supervisas remain visitor visas. There is no guarantee she will receive a PGP invitation during that time. Demand far exceeds spots and processing is taking around 3 years.

2. If you try to pay monthly your application will be denied. You have to prove that you have 1 year of insurance. If you pay monthly you can technically stop paying at any time and insurance would be cancelled. Lots of examples in the visitor section of people being refused if they pay monthly. You have to pay the 1 year upfront. Start date will be arrival date and if she leaves earlier insurance providers usually provide refund of unused months.

3. no help. Don’t waste your money.

ashokreddykk

Jan 20, 2022
Hey folks

We are looking to apply for a visitor visa for my mother in law to come and visit grandkids, family reunion, etc for a few months
While filling the application, I got a bit confused about some of the questions and thought you guys might be able to help out

First is a question about if you are applying on behalf of someone else?
I’m filling out the application for my mother in law as she can’t do it herself, so technically I am applying on her behalf, but do I need to say yea to this question? If I say yes then they need some other paperwork to show that I’m authorized to do so.

Second question is about the invitation letter. It asks who is inviting you? Is just my wife enough? Or is it better to add her sister as well? They are both permanent residents.

Third question is how much money you have (or bringing) for your stay in Canada? How much you guys think I should put?
We are responsible for her shelter, transportation, food, etc.
So I’m kinda looking for a sweet spot regarding the money. Something that’s not too high or low.
They also ask if someone else giving you money for the trip. Should I say that we are giving her some money as well? Or that would hurt the application?

Also, we are thinking about maybe applying for permanent residency for her through PGP when it opens up again. Do you guys know if we can do it while she is on visitor visa in Canada?

I’d really appreciate it if someone can help me out
First is a question about if you are applying on behalf of someone else? You can say NO here and create an email for your mother in law and login id for your mother in law and give all your mother in law details in the application.

second question,
Its better to prepare invite letter who has good income and good balance in their accounts

7-10 INR Lakhs is good but you need to maintain them for atleast 6 months so that bank statement shows that she didnt put the money just for visa purpose

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Hey guys
Does a rental property (expires in 2025 - renewable) proves ties to home country? Or it has to be an owned property?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys
Does a rental property (expires in 2025 - renewable) proves ties to home country? Or it has to be an owned property?
Doesn't harm to include the rental property.

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Doesn't harm to include the rental property.
Thanks
What else I can use as ties?
My MIL is 67, widowed, 2 of her children (and all grand children) already in Canada. Her other child is still in the home country but he is 36 and is coming to Canada soon as well. She has other relatives and friends like brothers and sisters. No dependents though. She is retired and receiving monthly retirement payment from the government
She never travelled to Canada or held a visa
She only traveled to Turkey several times and returned home after her trip
Any ideas?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
What else I can use as ties?
My MIL is 67, widowed, 2 of her children (and all grand children) already in Canada. Her other child is still in the home country but he is 36 and is coming to Canada soon as well. She has other relatives and friends like brothers and sisters. No dependents though. She is retired and receiving monthly retirement payment from the government
She never travelled to Canada or held a visa
She only traveled to Turkey several times and returned home after her trip
Any ideas?
Monthly retirement payments. Also any savings she may have.

Reactions: Ben_Zi

Ben_Zi

Jan 25, 2020
Just received this email from vfsglobal:

Visa application, tracking ID No. XXXXX
The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Operation Center, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Operation Center. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email.

Does this mean that a decision has been made? There are no updates on ircc website and the Biometrics info is not showing in my application page yet
I remember when I applied a few years ago I never received any emails from vfsglobal and all communication was through my ircc account. Is this a new system?