+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country Specific Additional Document

LimitlessJ

May 28, 2023
So my wife is sponsoring me under the Family Class Sponsorship. We are currently living in Canada together and just recently got married.

We come from China and when we are checking the Country specific requirement, it has this

• If you live in this jurisdiction (or another where Chinese characters are used for mail delivery): Provide your address in Chinese characters, as well as in Pinyin or English, including the postal code. The mailing address you provide must be the residential address of a person or the business address of a firm. A post office box number is not acceptable.
So they say "If you live in" not "if you lived in" which is the present tense. I have never left Canada since I've been here, should I provide the address in Chinese characters since I am no currently living in China?

Edit: I mean do I need to provide my previous address in China with Chinese characters even though I no longer live there? Like 5 years ago

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So they say "If you live in" not "if you lived in" which is the present tense. I have never left Canada since I've been here, should I provide the address in Chinese characters since I am no currently living in China?
Do not provide addresses in Canada in chinese characters.

Or more obviously: provide the addresses in languages where they will get delivered. If it's a chinese address - in Chinese. Etc.

LimitlessJ

May 28, 2023
Do not provide addresses in Canada in chinese characters.

Or more obviously: provide the addresses in languages where they will get delivered. If it's a chinese address - in Chinese. Etc.
Oh sorry for the confusion.

I mean, do I need to provide my previous address in China with Chinese characters?