+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

country or territory where applying is different from country or territory of residence

nitani

Apr 23, 2021
Hi all,

Please I need your help in question 9 in the preparing the imm5257 application.

I am a Lebanese citizen holding a Lebanese passport and currently living and working in the United Arabi Emirates. I am trying to apply for the Canadian Tourist visa from Lebanon as currently it requires less time to process the application compared to UAE.

For question 9 of the imm5257 application I selected "No" when asked if "country or territory where applying: same as country or territory of residence" as I currently live in UAE and applying from Lebanon. They then asked to add information about "country or territory" (which is Lebanon) "Status" (which is citizen) and "From to".

I am confused on what to reflect for the "from to" period as I am a Lebanese citizen since the day I was born and I will be permanently a Lebanese citizen. So the "from" period would be my date of birth, but the "to" period is not clear for me. Should I put the date I moved to the UAE??

Appreciated your help on this

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about "to the date you signed the application"?

"To the date you moved to UAE" would not make sense unless you ceased to be a Lebanese citizen which is not the case.

nitani

Apr 23, 2021
Thank you for your reply steaky. What you suggested makes sense, but not sure if this is what they need.

I got suggestions to add the “from to” dates of the latest stamps i got on my passport when visited lebanon.... but again not sure of this is what they need

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi all,

I am a Lebanese citizen holding a Lebanese passport and currently living and working in the United Arabi Emirates. I am trying to apply for the Canadian Tourist visa from Lebanon as currently it requires less time to process the application compared to UAE.

For question 9 of the imm5257 application I selected "No" when asked if "country or territory where applying: same as country or territory of residence" as I currently live in UAE and applying from Lebanon. They then asked to add information about "country or territory" (which is Lebanon) "Status" (which is citizen) and "From to".

I am confused on what to reflect for the "from to" period as I am a Lebanese citizen since the day I was born and I will be permanently a Lebanese citizen. So the "from" period would be my date of birth, but the "to" period is not clear for me. Should I put the date I moved to the UAE??

Dear Nitani,

I hope you are doing well.

Can you please what did you chose and how did you submitted your application. My question is mainly related to "current country of residence" and "country or territory where apply"

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

nitani

Apr 23, 2021
Hi dear

Actually i did not submit yet...still in progress

let me get your thoughts about the questions i raised and post any question you have

Neyafaz

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Hi all,

Hello I have the same situation. Did you put your passport validity or the date you are born and until when. Thank you

ennayram

Oct 3, 2021
Hi all,

Hi, can you please share if you manage to find the answer. I have the same concern.

nitani

Apr 23, 2021
Hello - what i reflected in the application is from my date of birth to the expiry date of my passport.

still not sure if this was correct or wrong but this is the only thing that made sense to me.

Status of application: pendind. no result yet

hope this helps and please do share your experience

ennayram

Oct 3, 2021
Hello - what i reflected in the application is from my date of birth to the expiry date of my passport.

still not sure if this was correct or wrong but this is the only thing that made sense to me.

Status of application: pendind. no result yet

hope this helps and please do share your experience
I have not submitted yet my application to get a study permit. But what I am thinking to mention is from (my date of birth) and to ( date of filing my application).
Please share if you get a response from your application. That will really help☺. And also this will confirm that your application really went to Lebanon. Thank you,

nitani

Apr 23, 2021
I was not comfortable showing the to period as date of submission as during the review process it will show as expired and the reviewer might not connect it to the date of submission.

it is worth mentioning that in the cover letter i have mentioned that iam a Lebanese citizen holding a Lebanese passport and currently living and working in the United Arabi Emirates.

ennayram

Oct 3, 2021
I was not comfortable showing the to period as date of submission as during the review process it will show as expired and the reviewer might not connect it to the date of submission.

it is worth mentioning that in the cover letter i have mentioned that iam a Lebanese citizen holding a Lebanese passport and currently living and working in the United Arabi Emirates.
That make sense too. I will take note of this "to" date.
I hope you will get a positive response soon...

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
That make sense too. I will take note of this "to" date.
I hope you will get a positive response soon...
Hi,Country or territory where applying which date you mentioned. I think the start date of immigration status is the date which immigration stamped while entering in our own country and to is the validity of passport right. If you keep the click the colum they mentioned the start date of immigration status.