+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of origin PCC

Priya85

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi, is it mandatory to get PCC from country of origin even if u have not stayed there for 6 months in a row in the last 10 years?

stst86

Nov 24, 2020
Hi, is it mandatory to get PCC from country of origin even if u have not stayed there for 6 months in a row in the last 10 years?
Hi @Priya85 , Looking at your timeline- Can you please answer if PCC was required from country of origin even if you have not stayed for 6 months in a row? How did it go for your case ?

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi @Priya85 , Looking at your timeline- Can you please answer if PCC was required from country of origin even if you have not stayed for 6 months in a row? How did it go for your case ?
Just sharing my experience here...I lived outside of my country of origin for over 10 years now. I still got a PCC from there, just in case. But IRCC never asked for it. I think they are only looking at your addresses over the past 10 years.

Priya85

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi yes...we actually submitted our docs without Indian PCC for my husband as he had not been staying fr 6 months in a row in the last 10 yrs...but we got an ADR after couple of months for the same...so better to submit it upfront to avoid delays

stst86

Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for your responses @Jo1984 & @Priya85 .

@Jo1984 - Could I possibly know if your country of origin is somewhere in Asia. I am wondering if this makes any difference.

I am a primary applicant and I have been out for 10 years+ . Ideally I should not be getting one for origin country, but I agree with @Priya85 to be prepared- if they do ask me. However I might have to go begin with passport renewals as I need to update my details there before applying for PCC which now further takes longer. And my stuck with what should be my ideal address on the passport for verifications for PCC-> back home or overseas and that's another issue of its own..

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks for your responses @Jo1984 & @Priya85 .

@Jo1984 - Could I possibly know if your country of origin is somewhere in Asia. I am wondering if this makes any difference.

I am a primary applicant and I have been out for 10 years+ . Ideally I should not be getting one for origin country, but I agree with @Priya85 to be prepared- if they do ask me. However I might have to go begin with passport renewals as I need to update my details there before applying for PCC which now further takes longer. And my stuck with what should be my ideal address on the passport for verifications for PCC-> back home or overseas and that's another issue of its own..
No, my country of origin is in Europe. I have no idea whether this makes a difference or not...Wish you the best of luck with your application!