+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of origin condition

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I calimed asylum 3 years ago (no hearing yet) and provided all the supporting documents and evidences I could gather at the time.

Recently, there have been major developments in my country of origin. I believe that these developments could strongly support my case.

My question is, should I gather this information and submit it to IRB asap, or should I just keep notes of it to use it during my hearing?

I understand that IRB members refer to National Documentation Packages to understand the condition of claimants' countries of origin. However, I don't see any recent update to my country's package.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I calimed asylum 3 years ago (no hearing yet) and provided all the supporting documents and evidences I could gather at the time.

Recently, there have been major developments in my country of origin. I believe that these developments could strongly support my case.

My question is, should I gather this information and submit it to IRB asap, or should I just keep notes of it to use it during my hearing?

I understand that IRB members refer to National Documentation Packages to understand the condition of claimants' countries of origin. However, I don't see any recent update to my country's package.
Have all additional articles or proof and submit to your lawyer. In my case, i had bunch of credible reports that were not on NDP, and my lawyer reviewed and did submit to IRB as additional evidence. There are update cycle for each country,but it is important to submit them.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
I remember that you can update the documents list up to 10 days before your hearing. As recommend above, send everything you think it is relevant to your lawyer