+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil invalid and booked flight

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare-arrival.html

If your medical is expired you would not be allowed to travel. The link above was updated on 2021-03-26):

When you arrive in Canada, you’ll meet a border services officer who will make sure you meet some basic requirements. To enter you Canada, you must

• have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
  • be in good health,
  • have no criminal or immigration-related convictions,
  • convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country,
  • convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
  • have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.)
  • have valid immigration medical exam results (if you needed one)
    • Your exam is valid for 12 months from the day you get it.
    • It must be valid the day you enter Canada.
    • If your exam will expire before you enter Canada, you need to get another medical exam.
      • This applies even if your letter of introduction is still valid.
  • prove that you’ll leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Arjun.Nandakumar

Apr 13, 2019
Hey,

I had done my medical last year. However, since I had not gotten my visa on time, I had to defer the intake to this year's September.

My medical is about to expire on June 21st, as it is valid only for 1 year.

I've received three reminders from the IRCC requesting me to renew my medical as I would need it before I travel. Even the International Center of my University said the same.

However Canadian Physician Panels at my city & country (Bangalore, India) require an IME number and a specific IMM form.
I have tried to obtain it from the embassy but it is not operational.
I have raised multiple webforms to the IRCC but they keep sending me a reply stating that my application is normal at the moment, and they are not requesting any documents.

I just wanted to know where I could get the forms from?
And if anyone can let me know how many days of processing it takes from the time we submit a new medical to the time it gets reflected at IRCC account?