+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil expiry date incorrect

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
So I am in a bit of situation now. Any help is appreciated.

I sent my passports to NY VAC last week and noticed today that counterfoil was generated for my application. Although the expiry date on my passport is 2026 and medical expire 11/22 but the expiry date on my counterfoil is 2/22 but my spouse counterfoil expire on correct date i.e. 11/22.

To me it sounds like they put earlier expiry date on my counterfoil based on my wife's old passport which expire on 2/22. I had send my wife's updated passport well before but it seems they still see her old passport in system.

I tried calling IRCC but no agents available. Anyone encountered such scenario?

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019

I sent my passports to NY VAC last week and noticed today that counterfoil was generated for my application. Although the expiry date on my passport is 2026 and medical expire 11/22 but the expiry date on my counterfoil is 2/22 but my spouse counterfoil expire on correct date i.e. 11/22.

To me it sounds like they put earlier expiry date on my counterfoil based on my wife's old passport which expire on 2/22. I had send my wife's updated passport well before but it seems they still see her old passport in system.

Bump. Hoping someone can help here. IRCC replied to my email telling me to file amendment which sounds like a lengthy process and no guarantee they will fix it.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019

@legalfalcon ...... please advise.

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Update on this post. I sent an amendment request to IRCC to fix expiry on my COPR. Today my profile was updated and they requested passport again. In this case should I sent both my and my spouse's passport? Her visa/COPR expiry is fine so confused whether to send just my passport or both of us.

One thing I noticed was both our COPR details disappeared from CIC account. Any ideas?