SaadAhmad1

Nov 29, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UAE
Hi guys.
I got myself in a trouble. I had previously applied for visa on 4 May 2022. I got my visa on 10 August 2022. I deferred my semester on 3 August because I didn't know when I will be able to get my visa. So, I submitted my passport to vfs on 12 August and I received my passport on 20 August via courier. But I raised webform to inform IRcc about defer LoA as I didn't know the 150 days rules. On 22 August I received email from Abu Dubai embassy stated that
'' Please note that your application is pending background checks and your application is currently under review. The current visa (counterfoil) affixed in your passport has been cancelled and once the review is completed, we would need you to resubmit your passport, additional information or a new passport request letter will be sent to you accordingly.

Do not travel with the current visa (counterfoil) that is affixed in your passport, since it has been cancelled and not valid for travel.Please await additional information from our office on passport re-submission.
We trust that this information will be of assistance''.
I ordered my cbsa notes and I received on 18 November and it says file is in security check and my eligibility is passed and my program start and end date has been changed also like previously it was from 7 September 2023 to 31 October 2024, now it's 7 January 2023 to 31 December 2024. I have raised 3 to 4 webforms but I am recieveing same generic replies.
I have ordered IRcc gcms notes but I haven't received it yet even after passing 32 days.
Can you give me advise what should I do? My semester is going to start in 7 January.
I don't know how much time they will take in security again. I have already received my visa then why they put my file again in security????

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi guys.
I got myself in a trouble. I had previously applied for visa on 4 May 2022. I got my visa on 10 August 2022. I deferred my semester on 3 August because I didn't know when I will be able to get my visa. So, I submitted my passport to vfs on 12 August and I received my passport on 20 August via courier. But I raised webform to inform IRcc about defer LoA as I didn't know the 150 days rules. On 22 August I received email from Abu Dubai embassy stated that
'' Please note that your application is pending background checks and your application is currently under review. The current visa (counterfoil) affixed in your passport has been cancelled and once the review is completed, we would need you to resubmit your passport, additional information or a new passport request letter will be sent to you accordingly.

Do not travel with the current visa (counterfoil) that is affixed in your passport, since it has been cancelled and not valid for travel.Please await additional information from our office on passport re-submission.
We trust that this information will be of assistance''.
I ordered my cbsa notes and I received on 18 November and it says file is in security check and my eligibility is passed and my program start and end date has been changed also like previously it was from 7 September 2023 to 31 October 2024, now it's 7 January 2023 to 31 December 2024. I have raised 3 to 4 webforms but I am recieveing same generic replies.
I have ordered IRcc gcms notes but I haven't received it yet even after passing 32 days.
Can you give me advise what should I do? My semester is going to start in 7 January.
I don't know how much time they will take in security again. I have already received my visa then why they put my file again in security????
A background check does not necessarily mean a security check, it may also mean verifying your updated information like the deferred LOA. Your university previously took several months to verify to IRCC, UoC, right? so the hurdles if from them.

SaadAhmad1

Nov 29, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UAE
A background check does not necessarily mean a security check, it may also mean verifying your updated information like the deferred LOA. Your university previously took several months to verify to IRCC, UoC, right? so the hurdles if from them.
Bro previously my eligibility strated on 11 May 2022 and from 11 May 2022 to 20 July 2022, there was no work on my application as per IRcc notes, they just keep circulating my file between abu Dubai, Ottawa and Edmonton offices due to workload redistribution because they couldn't verify my LoA. on 20 July my file was reopened and on 29 my LoA verified and 10 August I got my visa.
I am thinking exactly the same that they haven't been able to vefify my LoA and I got same automated reply of gcms notes of background and security check.
I took help from MP and he said on 15 November my file was reopened just like the last time. it's problem of IRcc

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Bro previously my eligibility strated on 11 May 2022 and from 11 May 2022 to 20 July 2022, there was no work on my application as per IRcc notes, they just keep circulating my file between abu Dubai, Ottawa and Edmonton offices due to workload redistribution because they couldn't verify my LoA. on 20 July my file was reopened and on 29 my LoA verified and 10 August I got my visa.
I am thinking exactly the same that they haven't been able to vefify my LoA and I got same automated reply of gcms notes of background and security check.
I took help from MP and he said on 15 November my file was reopened just like the last time. it's problem of IRcc
Ask your univ if there is an issue with the verification, bring it up with them.

SaadAhmad1

Nov 29, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UAE
That's old eligibility.
but the dates of program on cbsa notes have been changed now like from 7 January 2023 to 31 December 2024. Previously it was 07 September 2022 to 31 October 2024.
How it can be old eligibility when the dates of program has been changed.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
but the dates of program on cbsa notes have been changed now like from 7 January 2023 to 31 December 2024. Previously it was 07 September 2022 to 31 October 2024.
How it can be old eligibility when the dates of program has been changed.
If there are no assessment notes in the gcms notes then its the old eligibility. See if the assessment and pre-assessment notes have changed from the previous.

SaadAhmad1

Nov 29, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UAE
If there are no assessment notes in the gcms notes then its the old eligibility. See if the assessment and pre-assessment notes have changed from the previous.
The last verification is of 29 July and that was for September intake LOA. So, what should I do now? And if university says IRCC didn't contact us then what should I do? Also please can you share your personal email address or WhatsApp number so I can be in touch with you directly?Thanks