+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could they make this any more unnerving? "A decision has been made..."

Farox

Jul 10, 2012
Hi all,

I just got the ECAS Status update to "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

So the whole thing looks like this now:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 4, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 2, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
The info on mycic still looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/q3wCsVt.png

From what I understand this could still go either way and I get the decision by email in 3-4 days?

If it matters I am applying from inside Canada

...back to freaking out

einstein_pr

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Farox said:
Hi all,

I just got the ECAS Status update to "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

So the whole thing looks like this now:

The info on mycic still looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/q3wCsVt.png

From what I understand this could still go either way and I get the decision by email in 3-4 days?

If it matters I am applying from inside Canada

...back to freaking out

Welcome to the club. There are a bunch of folks in the forum waiting to hear from CIC. In my case, ecas changed to Decision made about 10 days ago.... :)
PS: I am a CEC applicant under old system (not EE).

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Did anyone tried to reach CIC call center? At least, in EE after decision made line comes up, things move pretty fast.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
ankrggrwl said:
Decision Made since 15th May. Nothing yet. EE Applicant.
15th May ... i guess ur concerned VO has gone for summer vacations LOL !!!! seriously ... thts too long !!!

ankwal

Aug 12, 2014
Vancouver
I called CIC and they said it can take up to 30 days for the letter to deliver. If you don't get the letter, give us a call and we'll re-send it. But only after 30 days has passed.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
ankrggrwl said:
I called CIC and they said it can take up to 30 days for the letter to deliver. If you don't get the letter, give us a call and we'll re-send it. But only after 30 days has passed.
So cruel! Hang in there. Hoping for good news for you.

ankwal

Aug 12, 2014
Vancouver
I am from India so I would need to send in the passport. What I find surprising is when all the communications are done thru email, why are they sending this via mail.

gbansiano

Feb 27, 2015
my ecas changed to decision made since 8th of may. today is the 11th. thats over a month ago.

----family sponsorhsip

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
ankrggrwl said:
I am from India so I would need to send in the passport. What I find surprising is when all the communications are done thru email, why are they sending this via mail.
A visa is stamped on the passport which generally is valid for 10 months. Within this time, you need to make an entry into Canada and become a Canadian PR. For this very purpose, candidate has to send the passport to Visa office.

ankwal

Aug 12, 2014
Vancouver
I get it that I would need to send in the passport but at this point I'm not even sure what the letter is all about. I'm an inland applicant and in Canada since 2007