+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

could not determine my NOC code :(

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
Can someone help me determine my job code? I am in a quite sketchy situation..

I am working as a rotational associate, which I spent 4 months in 6 different departments. From Oct 2015, I have worked in those departments:

1. Risk analysis as an analyst
2. Capital market as an analyst
3. Mortgage underwriter
4. Internal auditor
5. Finance planning team as an analyst

I really dont know what code I should apply. Please help me!! Thanks in advance!!!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
saiyooka said:
Can someone help me determine my job code? I am in a quite sketchy situation..

I am working as a rotational associate, which I spent 4 months in 6 different departments. From Oct 2015, I have worked in those departments:

1. Risk analysis as an analyst
2. Capital market as an analyst
3. Mortgage underwriter
4. Internal auditor
5. Finance planning team as an analyst

I really dont know what code I should apply. Please help me!! Thanks in advance!!!
Figure out the closest NOC code. Request your supervisor to issue a letter mentioning job duties as per that NOC code. Otherwise it will be tricky to get a primary NOC.

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
vishalg said:
Figure out the closest NOC code. Request your supervisor to issue a letter mentioning job duties as per that NOC code. Otherwise it will be tricky to get a primary NOC.
thank you! So is it possible that I combine risk, capital market and financial planning together and say that my main duty is financial analyst, and ask my three bosses signed on one sheet?

and I also need to list the internal auditor and mortgage underwriter, right?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
saiyooka said:
thank you! So is it possible that I combine risk, capital market and financial planning together and say that my main duty is financial analyst, and ask my three bosses signed on one sheet?

and I also need to list the internal auditor and mortgage underwriter, right?
IRCC doesn't care about your designation. If your supervisor can write down the job duties as per 1 NOC for your entire tenure then you are good to go. If you have good rapport with your supervisor then it shouldn't be a problem.

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
vishalg said:
IRCC doesn't care about your designation. If your supervisor can write down the job duties as per 1 NOC for your entire tenure then you are good to go. If you have good rapport with your supervisor then it shouldn't be a problem.
Excuse me, I am not sure if I get you correctly. Do you mean that I can list all my job duties and if one of these meets NOC requirement, that would be fine?

Thank you very much!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
saiyooka said:
Excuse me, I am not sure if I get you correctly. Do you mean that I can list all my job duties and if one of these meets NOC requirement, that would be fine?

Thank you very much!
I mean that figure out which NOC code matches the duties that you did. Base your entire work experience on that particular NOC for all your tenure. You would need help from your supervisor as he will be the one signing it. You can mention multiple designations but under the same NOC with same responsibilities.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
vishalg said:
I mean that figure out which NOC code matches the duties that you did. Base your entire work experience on that particular NOC for all your tenure. You would need help from your supervisor as he will be the one signing it. You can mention multiple designations but under the same NOC with same responsibilities.
or at least ask your supervisor to list job duties for 1 NOC for at least first year of your tenure.

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
vishalg said:
or at least ask your supervisor to list job duties for 1 NOC for at least first year of your tenure.
so four of my five departments are under 1114, as the underwriter, financial planner, and analyst. the internal auditor would be under 1112. In this case, can I say my job code is 1114 but there is four months I have done job under 1112?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
saiyooka said:
so four of my five departments are under 1114, as the underwriter, financial planner, and analyst. the internal auditor would be under 1112. In this case, can I say my job code is 1114 but there is four months I have done job under 1112?
can you ask your supervisor to provide you a letter for NOC 1112 for your entire tenure and may be mention just one designation as Analyst. This would be the simplest way to go about it.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
vishalg said:
can you ask your supervisor to provide you a letter for NOC 1112 for your entire tenure and may be mention just one designation as Analyst. This would be the simplest way to go about it.
correction in above statement *NOC 1114*

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
vishalg said:
I will try to ask them! thank you!!!

saiyooka

Sep 25, 2015
vishalg said:
sorry should i prepare now or waiting until CIC draw me? is there any formatting I need to follow?