+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could my Visa get refused?

samit11

Apr 25, 2015
Hello people! I am 17, almost 18 years old and I am from and a citizen of Palestine but I am temporarily living in Jordan.

I got admitted into York University with an almost full scholarship. I have started preparing applications and documents required for issuing my study permit. That being said, I am extremely worried about the approval of the Visa; could it get refused? If so, why would they refuse it? Are there any things I have to add in order to strengthen my application? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - anyone can be refused.

You will want to make sure you provide strong proof of your ties to your home country to demonstrate that you are just coming to Canada to study and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

newcandidate

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow the document checklist by heart and write a good statement of purpose/study plan. And never say in the statement/plan that u wish to remain back in Canada; instead focus on how the degree will help u in yr country.

Good luck

samit11

Apr 25, 2015
scylla said:
Yes - anyone can be refused.

You will want to make sure you provide strong proof of your ties to your home country to demonstrate that you are just coming to Canada to study and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.
How can I demonstrate this? I dont work and I dont have any assets. Only my parents do.

samit11

Apr 25, 2015
newcandidate said:
Follow the document checklist by heart and write a good statement of purpose/study plan. And never say in the statement/plan that u wish to remain back in Canada; instead focus on how the degree will help u in yr country.

Good luck
Ok Thanks I will do. But I am applying through VAC in amman, Jordan, and they never mentioned anything about a statement of purpose. Is everybody required to submit it?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If you see.... The document checklist doesn't requires you any letter.. Although you might send anything extra you would like to send to support your application...

I hope I knew that before hand....

samit11

Apr 25, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
If you see.... The document checklist doesn't requires you any letter.. Although you might send anything extra you would like to send to support your application...

I hope I knew that before hand....
So youre saying that even though SOP is not required, it is safer to write one and send it with the application?

newcandidate

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samit11 said:
Ok Thanks I will do. But I am applying through VAC in amman, Jordan, and they never mentioned anything about a statement of purpose. Is everybody required to submit it?
Sorry, my VAC checklist mentioned statement of purpose. if your doesn't require u to, i believe there is no need for it then.

Good luck

samit11

Apr 25, 2015
newcandidate said:
Sorry, my VAC checklist mentioned statement of purpose. if your doesn't require u to, i believe there is no need for it then.

Good luck
Ok thank you a lot!

Nemer

Jun 8, 2015
samit11 said:
Hello people! I am 17, almost 18 years old and I am from and a citizen of Palestine but I am temporarily living in Jordan.

I got admitted into York University with an almost full scholarship. I have started preparing applications and documents required for issuing my study permit. That being said, I am extremely worried about the approval of the Visa; could it get refused? If so, why would they refuse it? Are there any things I have to add in order to strengthen my application? Thank you.
Did you get any response yet?
I applied on 14/april and still no update

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
What some VAC will ask in their checklist... is not what CIC really needs.... you should strictly use CIC checklist for your country and you should be just fine with it