+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could my BCPNP be revoked?

molf2020

Aug 24, 2020
I am living and applying in China. I got my offer from my employer in May 2019 as a software developer. In Aug 2019 I got my BCPNP approval. In Sep 2019 I submitted my EEBC. In Dec 2019 we passed the health check. Around Christmas 2019 I got my work visa. Since it was near Chinese New Year in Jan 2020, I decided to go to BC in the early of Feb 2020. But the unexpected corona virus outbreak in China before Chinese New Year changed everything. The flights were cancelled, and all of China were locked down for more than one month. Then the outbreak of corona virus all around the world. Till now it is almost one year my EEBC is still not approved. The status is always in processing. Now it is almost 9 months after I got my work visa. I am worried if I should go to BC to start to work for my employer. I am seeing the active cases in BC is increasing to the highest level of this year recently. It is really risky to go to BC and I am a little reluctant to go at this time. Besides that I have two little kids which are less than 6 years to look after. If I go to Canada alone, it will be hard for my wife to take care of them. But if I take my family to Canada, it will be risky for my two kids. So I want to wait for a while until there is a vaccine for the virus. But I am not sure if my BCPNP could be revoked after such a long time Since I got the work visa. Does any one have similar case or know something about this case? Thanks in advance!

molf2020

Aug 24, 2020
I have another concern. That is it is very difficult to go from Canada to China now. The COVID-19 test negative should be done within 3 days before departure. And the flight ticket is very very expensive, 4000 CAD or higher. The flight could be changed or cancelled at any time. If I have to go back to home I have to be quarantined in the designated place for 14 days before go home. All these hurdles make it almost impossible to go home if there is an urgent need:(

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Then don't come and hope for the best. Relocating to another country often requires some sacrifices. Tens of thousands of people move to Canada every year despite their reluctance and concerns.