+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could immigration make a fuss about this?

japt

Oct 5, 2015
I will very soon be applying to sponsor my husband, and there is a thing worrying me.

Both me and my husband are European. I've been a permanent resident in Canada since I was 15 years old (moved here with my guardian who still lives in Canada), so I actually consider Canada my home. My husband lives in Europe.
I am a bit worried about whether immigration will question why I couldn't just live with him in Europe as I am European instead of him moving to Canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have nothing to worry about. ;)

Since you are not a Canadian citizen, you need to be in (and remain in) Canada to submit the application. He does NOT need to be in Canada.

Good luck!

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
japt said:
I will very soon be applying to sponsor my husband, and there is a thing worrying me.

Both me and my husband are European. I've been a permanent resident in Canada since I was 15 years old (moved here with my guardian who still lives in Canada), so I actually consider Canada my home. My husband lives in Europe.
I am a bit worried about whether immigration will question why I couldn't just live with him in Europe as I am European instead of him moving to Canada.
LOL. CIC will never ask you that. If you are legitimate and you are legitimately trying to get your husband here, why would CIC question you. The great thing about Canada is it let's people of other nationalities find their second home in Canada....and eventually becomes their first home. :)

japt

Oct 5, 2015
That's great to know. I guess you just start imagining all possible questions and scenarios in your head when dealing with immigration lol.