+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Costa Rica Police Certificate

kiyomita

Jan 20, 2008
Hello, I wish someone can help me out of this problem...
When I had 17 years old I lived in Costa Rica for one year, and I now have 27 years old, applying for family class members.
I have totally forgot about Costa Rican Police Certificate and of course they asked me to send it.
I asked the embassy of Costa Rica in Canada how to get one, and I have already applied, but the problem is someone must go to the office in Costa Rica personally to pick it up.... I still have friends there but they all look like busy....
If there is someone who got the police certificate over there, please teach me how to get it.....

Please help me.....

kiyomita

Jan 20, 2008
Where I lived in Costa Rica is very far from their capital, and sadly all my friends still live there.
They now all working in the weekdays and it's not so easy to get one day off of work soon..
One friend of mine say he can try to make it, and I really appreciate, but I want to have police certificate as soon as possible....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kiyomita said:
Where I lived in Costa Rica is very far from their capital, and sadly all my friends still live there.
They now all working in the weekdays and it's not so easy to get one day off of work soon..
One friend of mine say he can try to make it, and I really appreciate, but I want to have police certificate as soon as possible....
I think that your best bet is to contact CHC processing your application, that as Costa Rican PCCs can only be obtained in person, and that you have no one in Costa Rica that is able to obtain it for you.

PMM

kiyomita

Jan 20, 2008
Thank you for your advice, I think I try to call them.
When I was there I was under age, so that's why I thought I didn't need one.

and!
I have just read the guide again.... it says;
<For each country in which you or your family members have lived for more than six months during the past 10 years, you must provide a police certificate, clearance or record of no information. If you or your family members WERE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE WHEN YOU LIVED THERE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE A POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR THAT COUNTRY.>

That means that I can explain them that I don't need to provide one?
I left Costa Rica having 17 years and 10 months old....

But I don't understand why they asked me the Costa Rica's police certificate...

kiyomita

Jan 20, 2008
Hello,

I just got a email from visa office.
It says:

Kindly disregard request for Costa Rica police certificate as this was requested in error.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I also got Costa Rica's police certificate, but it wasn't necessary....

Thank you for advice!

ruddydurant

Jul 30, 2013
Hi everyone, my question regarding the police certificate is that on the cic website says that the visa office would give me a request letter, so how can i get that letter (im costa rican and my wife is sponsoring me) and also wich office mexico or guatemala. thanks ;)