+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence Letter about BVL received, but no request for Passport stamping yet

aurobanari

Jun 2, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
Hi,

I filed my Study Permit application on 31st May, 2023.
Gave Biometrics on 5th June, 2023
Received Correspondence Letter regarding biometric validity on 14th June, 2023

Since then, I have received nothing else. I was going through a few threads on this forum that seemed to suggest that approval should have come on the same day or within 2 days. However, it's been more than 2 days and I am yet to receive anything further.
Screenshot here.

Interestingly though, when I check my application status through https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en, I can see Study Permit Number along with Visitor Visa Number generated, having respective expiry dates. Screenshots
here and here.

I am confused here as to whether I should be relieved or anxious because many threads in the same forum talked about how people, who received study permits, received so on the same day the they received BVL Correspondence letter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: MoonKimJudges

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Your application is approved and you should sit back and relax. There is nothing to be anxious about. This is the current trend of IRCC where BVL is sent earlier and then PPR follows in a week or two. One you have received your BVL, your PPR gets in queue and you will receive it when your turn comes.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi,

Since then, I have received nothing else. I was going through a few threads on this forum that seemed to suggest that approval should have come on the same day or within 2 days. However, it's been more than 2 days and I am yet to receive anything further.
Screenshot here.

Interestingly though, when I check my application status through https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en, I can see Study Permit Number along with Visitor Visa Number generated, having respective expiry dates. Screenshots
here and here.

I am confused here as to whether I should be relieved or anxious because many threads in the same forum talked about how people, who received study permits, received so on the same day the they received BVL Correspondence letter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Hi there,

I understand your confusion. It is normal to feel anxious when you are waiting for a decision on your immigration application. However, I can assure you that your application is still in process and that you will receive a decision in due time.

The processing time for study permit applications varies depending on the country of application and the time of year. In general, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to receive a decision. However, there have been cases where applications have been processed more quickly or more slowly.

The fact that you can see your study permit number and visitor visa number generated does not necessarily mean that your application has been approved. It is possible that your application is still under review and that the numbers have been generated as a placeholder.

The best thing to do is to continue to check your application status online and to be patient. If you have any questions, you can always contact the IRCC call center for assistance.

Here are some additional tips for dealing with the stress of waiting for a decision on your immigration application:
  • Stay positive. It is important to stay positive and to focus on the fact that you are one step closer to your goal of studying in Canada.
  • Keep busy. Find ways to keep yourself busy and to take your mind off of your application. This could involve spending time with friends and family, pursuing hobbies, or working on other projects.
  • Talk to someone. If you are feeling overwhelmed, it is important to talk to someone about how you are feeling. This could be a friend, family member, therapist, or counselor.
I hope this information is helpful.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hi there,

I understand your confusion. It is normal to feel anxious when you are waiting for a decision on your immigration application. However, I can assure you that your application is still in process and that you will receive a decision in due time.

The processing time for study permit applications varies depending on the country of application and the time of year. In general, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to receive a decision. However, there have been cases where applications have been processed more quickly or more slowly.

The fact that you can see your study permit number and visitor visa number generated does not necessarily mean that your application has been approved. It is possible that your application is still under review and that the numbers have been generated as a placeholder.

The best thing to do is to continue to check your application status online and to be patient. If you have any questions, you can always contact the IRCC call center for assistance.

Here are some additional tips for dealing with the stress of waiting for a decision on your immigration application:
  • Stay positive. It is important to stay positive and to focus on the fact that you are one step closer to your goal of studying in Canada.
  • Keep busy. Find ways to keep yourself busy and to take your mind off of your application. This could involve spending time with friends and family, pursuing hobbies, or working on other projects.
  • Talk to someone. If you are feeling overwhelmed, it is important to talk to someone about how you are feeling. This could be a friend, family member, therapist, or counselor.
There is no such thing as a “placeholder”. It is clearly written in the IRCC tracker under study permit details;

**Once we APPROVE you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Study Permit. Your document details will be listed below**

once you have your study permit document number and travel document number, the application is approved. PPR gets into queue and will be received shortly.

let people enjoy their success.

Reactions: SKGUG

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
There is no such thing as a “placeholder”. It is clearly written in the IRCC tracker under study permit details;

**Once we APPROVE you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Study Permit. Your document details will be listed below**

once you have your study permit document number and travel document number, the application is approved. PPR gets into queue and will be received shortly.

You are correct. I apologize for the confusion. There is no such thing as a “placeholder” when it comes to study permit numbers. If you see your study permit number and travel document number generated, then your application has been approved and you will receive your PPR shortly.

Congratulations!

Canatry

Feb 25, 2023
Hi there,

This is written by chatgpt isn’t it? It’s that 100% assure overly positive tone that chatgpt writes with which instantly gives it away.

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
This is written by chatgpt isn’t it? It’s that 100% assure overly positive tone that chatgpt writes with which instantly gives it away.
Lol. I hadn't caught it until I read your comment and scrolled up to read it again. Totally chatgpt

aurobanari

Jun 2, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
Your application is approved and you should sit back and relax. There is nothing to be anxious about. This is the current trend of IRCC where BVL is sent earlier and then PPR follows in a week or two. One you have received your BVL, your PPR gets in queue and you will receive it when your turn comes.
Hi. It’s been nearly 10 days since I received my BVL on 14th June. No PPR received yet. The GCKey portal still says application is under review. Should I write to IRCC? If so, how should I go about it? Do they even respond?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi. It’s been nearly 10 days since I received my BVL on 14th June. No PPR received yet. The GCKey portal still says application is under review. Should I write to IRCC? If so, how should I go about it? Do they even respond?
BVL just means a decision has been made & you have to wait for the outcome

Have you linked your application on tracker? Do you see an Approval and/or permit # in there?

Good Luck

aurobanari

Jun 2, 2023
India
Category........
STUDY
BVL just means a decision has been made & you have to wait for the outcome

Have you linked your application on tracker? Do you see an Approval and/or permit # in there?

Good Luck
Yes. On the application tracker, I can see Study Permit Document Number along with Visitor Visa Document Number generated. I can also see their respective expiry dates along with Travel Document Number. But the GCKey portal still shows application in review.
Not sure which one to follow. Earlier answers suggested that it was an approval and that PPR was going to come in the following week or so, but I am in the 2nd week since I received BVL with no PPR.

Because of this uncertainty, neither am I able to book flight tickets or nor confirm my accommodation in Canada.
The normal processing time shows 6 weeks, but for SDS it should be 20 days. So I am thinking whether or not I should raise a webform request and whether or not they will respond.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yes. On the application tracker, I can see Study Permit Document Number along with Visitor Visa Document Number generated. I can also see their respective expiry dates along with Travel Document Number. But the GCKey portal still shows application in review.
Not sure which one to follow. Earlier answers suggested that it was an approval and that PPR was going to come in the following week or so, but I am in the 2nd week since I received BVL with no PPR.

Because of this uncertainty, neither am I able to book flight tickets or nor confirm my accommodation in Canada.
The normal processing time shows 6 weeks, but for SDS it should be 20 days. So I am thinking whether or not I should raise a webform request and whether or not they will respond.
Yes you have to wait till PPR

In many case this may take longer too.

manchesano

May 15, 2023
Hi,

Screenshot here.

here and here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
I have the same issue including many other people applying for vistor visa. I have a question, what visa office sent you the biometrics validation letter? It would be on the bottom of the page.

MoonKimJudges

Jun 21, 2023
Same here. BVL in June 19. Study permit details shown in "Documents status" section of IRCC Application Status Tracker.

Still waiting for OPR after a whole week...

MoonKimJudges

Jun 21, 2023

That's not in line with the application status shown on the "Overview" page of the Application Status Tracker, which still states "In progress."