+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correcting Honest Mistake on PR application already submitted

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
Hello all. I have a quick question to ask the members of this forum on behalf of a close friend who made a mistake on his PR application (CEC Inland). He mis-interpreted and mistakenly replied NO to one of the statutory questions which asked if he has been refused a PR visa. He was refused an EE application under the FSW class. He realized the mistake after submitting his application and reached out to others to ask for a solution. He was told to raise a CSE and explain that it was a honest mistake, and also attach a copy of the refusal letter from the previous application just to substantiate his point. This is expected to show his honest intention to let CIC know and correct the error before a decision is made on his application. His application is yet to be processed because this happened barely a week ago. He has submitted the CSE 5 days after submitting his PR application and yet to get a response from CIC. Should he just wait for an acknowledgement of the CSE from CIC? He is deeply troubled unhappy so I decided to reach out on his behalf to get opinions of other enlightened folks.kindly Give your advice, particularly if you have made a similar error in the past and eventually got your PPR. Thank you so much

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
How about he/she can just cancel his/her application since it is so recent and then submit it again tackling this mistake? CIC have hundreds of thousands of applications, since it is still in the pool, then cancel it!

best

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
No need to cancel the application and start afresh. Mistakes do happen. As long as he raised a case and sent a letter of application about it immediately he realised his mistake, he should be fine. It takes about 10 business days for the case he raised to be attached to his file. He should call CIC after about 10 days to confirm if it’s now been attached to his application . He should also get an email advising that the case he raised has been sent to the appropriate department.

Speaking from experience - I forgot to mention a visa refusal. This is what I did and it got attached to my case and I got my PR. Best of luck.

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
No need to cancel the application and start afresh. Mistakes do happen. As long as he raised a case and sent a letter of application about it immediately he realised his mistake, he should be fine. It takes about 10 business days for the case he raised to be attached to his file. He should call CIC after about 10 days to confirm if it’s now been attached to his application . He should also get an email advising that the case he raised has been sent to the appropriate department.

Speaking from experience - I forgot to mention a visa refusal. This is what I did and it got attached to my case and I got my PR. Best of luck.

Thank you for your kind response. He received a confirmation from CIC that his enquiry with the copy of the refusal letter has been confirmed sent to the appropriate office

God's child

Aug 26, 2019

Hey pleasant good day.... Where did you uploaded your updated information... Through the web form?? I'm currently in the same situation

joborromeo

Oct 12, 2017
Hi i hope you can help me. I made a typo error in my application, in imm5532 part c where you put additional information about your relationship. instead of typing june 2016 when we started dating i wrote june 2017 in year. We got married may 2017. So obviously its a typo error. Can i correct it through webform? Thank you.
QUOTE="Jaykay101, post: 7296142, member: 748535"]No need to cancel the application and start afresh. Mistakes do happen. As long as he raised a case and sent a letter of application about it immediately he realised his mistake, he should be fine. It takes about 10 business days for the case he raised to be attached to his file. He should call CIC after about 10 days to confirm if it’s now been attached to his application . He should also get an email advising that the case he raised has been sent to the appropriate department.

Speaking from experience - I forgot to mention a visa refusal. This is what I did and it got attached to my case and I got my PR. Best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi i hope you can help me. I made a typo error in my application, in imm5532 part c where you put additional information about your relationship. instead of typing june 2016 when we started dating i wrote june 2017 in year. We got married may 2017. So obviously its a typo error. Can i correct it through webform? Thank you.
QUOTE="Jaykay101, post: 7296142, member: 748535"]No need to cancel the application and start afresh. Mistakes do happen. As long as he raised a case and sent a letter of application about it immediately he realised his mistake, he should be fine. It takes about 10 business days for the case he raised to be attached to his file. He should call CIC after about 10 days to confirm if it’s now been attached to his application . He should also get an email advising that the case he raised has been sent to the appropriate department.

[/QUOTE]

Hey,

Yes, send an enquiry through the web form advising of the mistake and apologising for it. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.

Vanlmm

Oct 18, 2019
I realized that I did not include four jobs on my personal history that were all part-time casual whilst studying full time. I also forgot one casual job in Canada which I worked at only for a week. I submitted my application three days ago. Should I submit these jobs through the web form and apologize for originally not including as they were casual whilst studying? Is there any other avenues to add this information to my application?

sabs1985

Nov 15, 2019
Hello Guys,
I got the AOR on March 30, recently i received GCMS notes, from the notes i came to know that i made a mistake while creating the application. I have a 3 years of Canadian work experience with the same company, in that whole experience i have two designations i.e., for 2 years my designation is software engineer and rest of experience is senior software engineer. While creating the application i did not mention that split i just mentioned 3 years as a senior software engineer, but the supporting document which i have submitted has a split. I guess because of that my application is under review. Please help me what should i do in this scenario?