+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correct use of Form IMM 5475 & IMM 5476

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need some information from the Senior Members or from someone who have used Form IMM 5475 & IMM 5476

Where should we send the Form IMM 5476 to cancel use of Representative? To Mississauga where the original application was submitted or to Singapore Visa Office where the File is now for review? Will there be any delay for this? If we don't want to cancel the Representative but just want any communication from CIC to come to our e-mail, what should we do?

Also, what is the best use of Form 5475? Seems that this Form needs to be sent to Mississauga, right?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
IMM 5476 to cancel needs to goto Visa Officer = Singapore

IMM 5475 = Authority to release personal information to designated individual

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
IMM 5476 to cancel needs to goto Visa Officer = Singapore

IMM 5475 = Authority to release personal information to designated individual
Thanks.

Is it necessary to use Form IMM 5475 if I as the Sponsor wanted to communicate or get some information?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yes, and that's exactly what we did. If you're going to Authorize you (the sponsor), no need to cancel the old one . . . authorizing a "new" representative automatically negates the previous one.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truesmile said:
Yes, and that's exactly what we did. If you're going to Authorize you (the sponsor), no need to cancel the old one . . . authorizing a "new" representative automatically negates the previous one.
OK. But, it seems, one can use both. I guess Form 5475 authorizes release of information but Form 5476 allows representation.

My question was, when one uses a representative, can the applicant still request communication from CIC to come to the Applicant directly instead of going to the representative? If yes, then how that can be arranged?

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hi guys,
My question is, do we need to fill IMM 5475? I didn't designest anyone before and I still don't need to designate anyone. Is it compulsory to fill this form. I'm so confused about section 3, 5 and 6. Can my spouse be the designated person (she is my dependent applicant).

Please help I only have 2 more days to submit this form!!!
Thanks

varshag

Jul 7, 2017
Hi guys,
My question is, do we need to fill IMM 5475? I didn't designest anyone before and I still don't need to designate anyone. Is it compulsory to fill this form. I'm so confused about section 3, 5 and 6. Can my spouse be the designated person (she is my dependent applicant).

Thanks
Hi guys,

Thanks
Hi,
I am facing similar issues. Got a request to fill IMM 5475 form. Did you fill your spouse as a designated individual?

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hi,
I am facing similar issues. Got a request to fill IMM 5475 form. Did you fill your spouse as a designated individual?
Hi Varshag,
Yes, I did nominate my spouse as designated individual. I have received RPRF in a week after uploading additional documents.

redsam

Jun 8, 2017
Need urgent Help. My PR application is pending, submitted online on 14 Aug 2017. I was asked to provide IMM5475. I added details of my brother, got it signed from him, and uploaded the document. But after a few days, I again got a request to upload the same form. Am I doing something wrong. I don't udnerstand?

arjunmalkar

Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys ,

Need Urgent help

I have got email for release of Release of Information IMM5475. I had mentioned name of long distance relative who stays in Canada.

I need to provide same info here right? Please guide me.

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Can the sponser be the representiatiive IMM5476 and can the sponser also have authority to release IMM5475 can the sponser (spouse of the applicant) do dual roles?

nikindia

Jan 1, 2017
Hello,

I think form IMM5475E authority to release personal information to a designated individual is not required if a person applying himself without a representative.

Applicant has all rights to access this information which visa officer has mentioned in case of any query.

This is just a read access to your file to someone, he or she is not authorized to communicate with cic.

I think it is only useful when you are seriously injured and not able to fill the form or write to CIC with your hand. :)

Let me know if I am wrong.

Last edited:

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

My case is , I'm a Sponsor (Husband) and My wife (Principle Applicant) for sponsoring PR application for my wife.
I already fill IMM 5476. I'm going to communicate to IRCC on behalf of my wife (Principle Applicant)
I'm not sure , do I need to sign IMM 5475 ? Please send some suggestion.

Thanks again!!

Rginie

Apr 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Thanks
Hello, I have the same situation here, submitted the application and received an update to submit use of representative form, but I didn't fill to use representative when I submitted the application and don't need any representative. My husband is primary applicant and I'm the dependent.
Please help me how did you persue this? Thank you so much.

neerajp

Star Member
Jan 6, 2018
Hey
Hello, I have the same situation here, submitted the application and received an update to submit use of representative form, but I didn't fill to use representative when I submitted the application and don't need any representative. My husband is primary applicant and I'm the dependent.
Please help me how did you persue this? Thank you so much.
Hey! Could you please help me understand on how did you pursue this? I am so confused with this..