+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correct NOC code for Operational Risk or Governance Role of a Banker

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Sorry to make it a long post. Can you kindly suggest me if I can select NOC Code 0111 - Finance Manager? or can you suggest any other NOC? i need to match it to 0111 for a PNP option. I think around 50% matches with job responsibilities but plz carefully check the description.

Job Title: Governance Manager

Department: Supply Chain Management (SCM), Global Finance

Duration: 3 years and continuing

Further Details: I have BBA (Marketing) & MBA (Finance) which is not awarded as Masters by WES. working experience of 13 years in a multinational Bank. Grade wise it is senior manager role. SCM operates under Group Finance Function. I do not deal with traditionally known finance activities.

Job responsibilities:
  • Ensuring strategic and functional objectives including planning, directing, controlling, evaluating and organizing the operations of SCM department under Global Finance Function..
  • Developing and implementing effective policies, procedures, systems and assurance mechanisms for the department and relevant stakeholders.
  • Conducting researches and testing to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs for the department.
  • Proactively identifying, tracking and mitigating actual or potential Risks and Losses.
  • Preparing and formalizing different Risk Reports, Spent Reports, Third Party Summary Report, cost-benefit analysis and other MIS.
  • Performing trend analysis of third party spend of the Bank and recommending appropriate changes of operating models, systems, policies, procedures, budgets and assurance controls to Country and Regional Management Team and different risk forums.
  • Managing and conducting different control and assurance audit, peer reviews & other independent reviews to develop quality governance and management standards.
  • Directing and assisting the department to achieve budgeted and non-budgeted savings and cost avoidance.
  • Providing guidance and support to businesses and stakeholders on Group & Regulatory policies and procedures; ensure internal compliance with regulatory requirements; and prepare submissions and filings with regulatory bodies; and maintaining regulatory relationship.
  • Organizing training for the staffs to ensure the effective governance to Third Party Risk Management, Payment and Regulatory compliance.
NOC Description: (Underlined portions match with my job)
They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government
NOC Main duties (Underlined portion match with my Job Responsibility)
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
  • Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
  • Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
  • Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
  • Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
  • Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
  • Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
  • Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
  • Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
  • Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.

Last edited: