+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correct Digital Photo Size???

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding photo size. The requirement says

Frame Size:
• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
• The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
• The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
• Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

I am trying to trying to cut my digital photo according to this size but the tops of shoulders won't be visible anymore. I have attached the image below as a sample. Is this correct?

Reactions: Rockstar09

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
pacificislander said:

Frame Size:
• The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
• Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

I am trying to trying to cut my digital photo according to this size but the tops of shoulders won't be visible anymore. I have attached the image below as a sample. Is this correct?
I got mine done at a photo studio, they were able to show my shoulders, so I guess there should be a way, I guess the problem with your photo is the lenght from the crown to the chin area.... however I am not a expert on this...

OntarioExpress

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pacificislander said:

Frame Size:

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm. At least here means a minimum of, therefore any size above is acceptable.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
[quote author=pacificislander]The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.[/quote]

Reduce the size of your head to something like 32mm then your shoulders will start to appear. You can use ⌘/CTRL+T on the whole photo and scale it down.

You can PM me the photo, happy to do it for you.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
According to this link, rhe photo size should be 50 x 70 mm, isn't it???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

pacificislander

Jan 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imrankhan2015 said:
According to this link, rhe photo size should be 50 x 70 mm, isn't it???

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
This is for Canadian passport. I am referring to the requirements for PR (express entry). :)

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
pacificislander said:
This is for Canadian passport. I am referring to the requirements for PR (express entry). :)
I believe this link is applicable for PPR as well.

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
pacificislander said:
I dont think so, follow this link (Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check)

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Scroll down to digital photos, there you will find the link to the pdf file (which I provided in my earluer post)

It clearly says that image size should be 50 x 70 mm

Can you please provide the link to CIC website which states the picture requirements for express entry applicants and say that picture size should be 35 x 45 mm?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
imrankhan2015 said:
I dont think so, follow this link (Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check)

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Scroll down to digital photos, there you will find the link to the pdf file (which I provided in my earluer post)

It clearly says that image size should be 50 x 70 mm

Can you please provide the link to CIC website which states the picture requirements for express entry applicants and say that picture size should be 35 x 45 mm?
It's actually 35 x 45 mm in the section where you upload your documents in your IRCC profile.

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do we really have to upload the back of the photo with all the stamp and name?it just confuses ne

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
badz2 said:
do we really have to upload the back of the photo with all the stamp and name?it just confuses ne
No. These are the instructions.
uppperkut said:
It's actually 35 x 45 mm in the section where you upload your documents in your IRCC profile.

The back of the photo was for paper applicants when a photo could get lost and the officer needed to know what application it belonged to.

Reactions: Rockstar09

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017

Frame Size:

Hi,
May I know what is the tool that you have used for editing the image ?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi all. Another question on a similar topic.

I've got my digital photos clicked yesterday. The specs on the upload page say the distance from crown to chin should be 31-36 mm. If I measure from the top of my hair it's 31.5mm, but if from my forehead then it's around 26mm. Is it ok?