+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coronavirus affecting application?

kruppp

Jan 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

My outland common-law application is in the processing stage right now in Nova Scotia (just arrived today). I, the principal applicant am a South Korean citizen and I'm living here in Korea while the application is being processed. I was wondering if the application at all will be affected because I am South Korean and living here, especially with the numbers of the infected constantly increasing in my country?

My guess is... if my medical exam goes well and nothing shows up, everything should be fine?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

My outland common-law application is in the processing stage right now in Nova Scotia (just arrived today). I, the principal applicant am a South Korean citizen and I'm living here in Korea while the application is being processed. I was wondering if the application at all will be affected because I am South Korean and living here, especially with the numbers of the infected constantly increasing in my country?

My guess is... if my medical exam goes well and nothing shows up, everything should be fine?
Too early to tell.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi. I'm a Chinese national whose file is currently with Hong Kong VO for further processing. I figure sharing how the coronavirus has affected some mainland Chinese applicants can shed some light on what might happen in South Korea if the outbreak is unfortunately not well contained, and hopefully you could prepare for the possibilities accordingly.

- The visa application centers (VACs) have been closed for about a month, and we are still not sure when they are going to be operating. This closure means applicants whose applications are now with Sydney will not be able to complete their biometric enrolment if requested. But IRCC has introduced measures to extend the deadlines to complete these requests.

- I have emailed the IRCC section of the Canadian consulate in Hong Kong, and they confirmed that they are still processing PR applications but at a reduced staff level. So I'm expecting some delay in the process.

I hope the information helps.

Reactions: DiiDii