+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
We who are all applying to become permanent residents have to be extra careful not to get the Corona virus or that may put our chances of getting approved in jeopardy.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
To Qwertypod. Yes there are other things also but we have no idea if the agents reviewing our classes will consider Corona virus as inadmissible or not. Most other things can be fixed by appeal not sure if someone gets Corona virus they would be able to win an appeal

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
To Qwertypod. Yes there are other things also but we have no idea if the agents reviewing our classes will consider Corona virus as inadmissible or not. Most other things can be fixed by appeal not sure if someone gets Corona virus they would be able to win an appeal
My dude, coronavirus is temporary, how would the even know if you had it unless they do medicals right when you have it? In which case you'd be quarantined and postponed.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Of course it doesn't make a person inadmissible. It is a temporary condition that the majority of people recover from within weeks.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Do you really think they will knowingly allow people to immigrate to Canada with coronavirus?
We already have a few problems in our communities.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
This process takes soooo long that unless you had your medical at the very end of the process and you weren't cured before they issued PPR would if even be considered.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
First of all if you had the virus Canada may deport you that could be a worry
Of course they won't. Besides the fact that transferring a known infected person through airports and on a plane is a beyond stupid action that Canada would not do, organizing deportations are a complicated and time-consuming process. The person would be recovered by the time it even got sorted.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I am landing in a month, but I got concerned: what if the situation with the virus will be so terrible, that they will close the borders (my plane goes though Germany)...or airlines will cancel flights? My visa expires on the 21st of April. Do you think IRCC will be able to accomodate for that somehow? Or they don't care. It will be such a pain to get through the whole immigration process and loose the opportunity because of the virus. (of course, getting ill is much more serious than loosing visa, but for some reason this issue is worrying me most of all :)).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am landing in a month, but I got concerned: what if the situation with the virus will be so terrible, that they will close the borders (my plane goes though Germany)...or airlines will cancel flights? My visa expires on the 21st of April. Do you think IRCC will be able to accomodate for that somehow? Or they don't care. It will be such a pain to get through the whole immigration process and loose the opportunity because of the virus. (of course, getting ill is much more serious than loosing visa, but for some reason this issue is worrying me most of all :)).
If you are unable to leave your country because it closes the borders and cancels all flights, IRCC would take that into account.

If your country remains open, then no, IRCC is not likely to take into account the closure of a third country's borders. Book a new flight transiting through a different country.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
IRCC would take that into account.
that is whats I hope for in worst case scenario. There hasn't been any case of the virus registered in my country so far. So I am mainly concerned of Germany closing its border, if the cases continue emerging.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
that is whats I hope for in worst case scenario. There hasn't been any case of the virus registered in my country so far. So I am mainly concerned of Germany closing its border, if the cases continue emerging.
Don't expect any allowance if Germany closes borders. As I said, if it is a third country that closes it's borders, you would be expected to just take a different route.