+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

Ali khan1011

Mar 17, 2020
My wife has her COPR and is boarding in 5 hours. I asked her to print a copy of my passport (I am Cdn citizen) so I really hope she should be allowed to enter Canada as her flight lands after 12noon March 18 EST
Good job! I did the same and I even sent my citizenship card pictures rofl

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My wife has her COPR and is boarding in 5 hours. I asked her to print a copy of my passport (I am Cdn citizen) so I really hope she should be allowed to enter Canada as her flight lands after 12noon March 18 EST
1. Probably immaterial, as the ban doesn't start until tomorrow, so she is okay.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The ban is a denial of boarding. As she is boarding BEFORE the ban starts, she is fine.

Ali khan1011

Mar 17, 2020
She just got her boarding passes and will board the plane soon. The plane is said to be with very few people. She didn’t have any troubles going on-board. They did ask her if her spouse was in Canada and a Canadian.

sab24

Star Member
May 6, 2019
My wife also got her boarding pass and will board the plane in some time. They made her wait for an hour while they got approval and sorted our their policy. Then they allowed her after they got confirmation that husband was Canadian citizen.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Just wanted to let you all know sometime today did successful flagpoling at Sarnia border..

acuren

Oct 16, 2014
My wife also got her boarding pass and will board the plane in some time. They made her wait for an hour while they got approval and sorted our their policy. Then they allowed her after they got confirmation that husband was Canadian citizen.
So that means immediate family member needs to Canadian citizen, PR doesnt count?
My mother is a Canadian PR while my maternal Aunt is citizen. Wondering if they are going to allow me. My flight is on 6th April.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
The ban is a denial of boarding. As she is boarding BEFORE the ban starts, she is fine.
Does it mean that if you board a plane to Canada BEFORE the ban kicks in at noon EDT you would be allowed to land? With a COPR.

If my plane lands at 12:30(!) pm would I be allowed through customs, since I boarded before the ban? So confusing

Reactions: pretty_nurse

sab24

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Does it mean that if you board a plane to Canada BEFORE the ban kicks in at noon EDT you would be allowed to land? With a COPR.

If my plane lands at 12:30(!) pm would I be allowed through customs, since I boarded before the ban? So confusing

I think if you boarded before the ban, you may be allowed. My wife was allowed to board the plane (after some argument) and her flight lands after noon tomorrow, but I think she should be good.

Ask your airline though, because there is some discrepancy in policies. And if you have proof that you should be allowed, argue with them. Because at this time, nobody knows for sure, so airlines are being conservative.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I think if you boarded before the ban, you may be allowed. My wife was allowed to board the plane (after some argument) and her flight lands after noon tomorrow, but I think she should be good.

Ask your airline though, because there is some discrepancy in policies. And if you have proof that you should be allowed, argue with them. Because at this time, nobody knows for sure, so airlines are being conservative.
Yeah, that’s the thing, I don’t know if I should be allowed or not. I have no relatives in Canada, I am an ordinary human being with a COPR, about to board (?) a plane in a few hours, a plane that arrives at 12:30 EDT, shame if I get on the plane but am refused at passport control.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Yes, that seems to be the situation.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019

I am pretty sure your wife’s situation is different, because you are a Canadian citizen. Relatives of Canadians are exempt from the ban.

Tanji_Rah

Mar 18, 2020
My husband talked to a CBSA agent last night. He said they are not allowing COPR holders who will be travelling via aeroplan now as this safe for us and people of Canada .They said that they are assuming anyone who have air traveled has been exposed to the virus. They asked us to keep an eye on their website. I've raised a webform and waiting for further instructions . Please try to call to be ensured and please keep us updated also. My flight was on 6th April :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband talked to a CBSA agent last night. He said they are not allowing COPR holders who will be travelling via aeroplan now as this safe for us and people of Canada .They said that they are assuming anyone who have air traveled has been exposed to the virus. They asked us to keep an eye on their website. I've raised a webform and waiting for further instructions . Please try to call to be ensured and please keep us updated also. My flight was on 6th April :(
Your COPR is valid until July 2020 so all you can do is wait and hope this is over somewhat soon.