+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

Harsh_Dream_Canada

Jun 19, 2018
Hi Experts,

I am caught in a very uncomfortable situation, need your help. I was planning to do my soft landing in Toronto on 24th March 2020 as my COPR expires on 24th April 2020. I have not yet booked my flight tickets . I am an Indian resident and travel plan is from New Delhi India to Toronto.

According to the new travel advisory published by 'Consulate General Of India Toronto' all the international travelers are advised to not travel till 15th April 2020 to India.

Please check the link 'https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail.php?newsid=72' , I guess if I go to Canada , the chances of be admitted in quarantine for 14 days in India is a lot.

Please advise can CIC give me extension on my COPR.

Awaiting your response anxiously.

Thanks & Regards,
Harshal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts,

I am caught in a very uncomfortable situation, need your help. I was planning to do my soft landing in Toronto on 24th March 2020 as my COPR expires on 24th April 2020. I have not yet booked my flight tickets . I am an Indian resident and travel plan is from New Delhi India to Toronto.

According to the new travel advisory published by 'Consulate General Of India Toronto' all the international travelers are advised to not travel till 15th April 2020 to India.

Please check the link 'https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail.php?newsid=72' , I guess if I go to Canada , the chances of be admitted in quarantine for 14 days in India is a lot.

Thanks & Regards,
Harshal
Not sure why you haven’t booked your ticket when your COPR expires in just over a month. When you land in Canada you could be asked to quarantine yourself or you can land and essentially return to India that day or a few days later. It will be up to India whether you have to go into quarantine in India.

When did you get your COPR? If you have been delaying landing you should always give yourself time so that you have a buffer.

Harsh_Dream_Canada

Jun 19, 2018
Not sure why you haven’t booked your ticket when your COPR expires in just over a month. When you land in Canada you could be asked to quarantine yourself or you can land and essentially return to India that day or a few days later. It will be up to India whether you have to go into quarantine in India.

When did you get your COPR? If you have been delaying landing you should always give yourself time so that you have a buffer.
Hi canuck78,

Thanks for your response, I got my COPR In Jan2020, however my mother is undergoing Cancer treatment for which I had to with her. The reason I am planning to do soft landing and come back is because her Surgery are planned in the coming month. I could not foresee this kind of issue arising if I plan a bit late.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78,

Thanks for your response, I got my COPR In Jan2020, however my mother is undergoing Cancer treatment for which I had to with her. The reason I am planning to do soft landing and come back is because her Surgery are planned in the coming month. I could not foresee this kind of issue arising if I plan a bit late.

Thanks.
Unfortunately an extension of your COPR is not something you can count on. There is no travel advisory to India at the moment and you could have spent 2 days landing and returning on the next flight since a January. I assume your mother has other family members who could have cared for her temporarily. Unfortunately you have created a bigger issue for yourself because now you will need to quarantine yourself from your mother for 14 days. You can reach out to CIC but can’t count on them giving you an extension. You haven’t even booked tickets to show that you intend to land and will land if your flight doesn’t get cancelled and there are no travel advisories. Had covid not become an issue you would not have been given an extension because your mother has cancer.

kajal09

Mar 15, 2020
Hi Experts,

Thanks & Regards,
Harshal
Hi Harshal, i am facing similar issue. please let me know if you have any update

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
My CoPR expires on 31st March and I booked my tickets for 24th March before the coronavirus started but due to all this coronavirus mess and travel bans rescheduled flight to 21st March yesterday which is the earliest ticket I could manage to get. It's hard to even find a seat on a plane right now.

Jul 10, 2019
Hello
I have my flights booked for Mid April, however, looking at the current situations and border closing anytime, at a fix to make a decision. My COPR expires in July. I have time, however, with changing decisions being made by officials/governments, what should I do?
Travel immediately or can wait till June?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello
I have my flights booked for Mid April, however, looking at the current situations and border closing anytime, at a fix to make a decision. My COPR expires in July. I have time, however, with changing decisions being made by officials/governments, what should I do?
Travel immediately or can wait till June?
Read the follow link one of a few offfical pages about actions you can take.

The challenge you may have in the first instance might be to actually be able to get on any earlier flight and even if you do you could be asked to self isoalate for 14 days on arrival. If you are looking at a flight with a connection will the connection even still be possible is another consideration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My CoPR expires on 31st March and I booked my tickets for 24th March before the coronavirus started but due to all this coronavirus mess and travel bans rescheduled flight to 21st March yesterday which is the earliest ticket I could manage to get. It's hard to even find a seat on a plane right now.
Others will comment I am sure but regardless of the COVID situation why on earth would you have left it until 7 days before your COPR expired. Expect you had your reasons and there is nothing to stop anyone doing so but the COVID situation shows that never really advisable to leave it so late due to the unexpected happening.

At least the government is making special arrangments should people have travel issues versus COPR expiry dates so you are lucky but be aware there is a chance that you could be subject to 14 days self isolation on arrival .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Reactions: Copingwithlife
Jul 10, 2019
Read the follow link one of a few offfical pages about actions you can take.

The challenge you may have in the first instance might be to actually be able to get on any earlier flight and even if you do you could be asked to self isoalate for 14 days on arrival. If you are looking at a flight with a connection will the connection even still be possible is another consideration.

Thankyou for your reply, however this is for applicants traveling from South Korea, Iran, China. I will be traveling from Dubai. My COPR expires 21 July. Should I still land immediately or I can wait is the concern?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thankyou for your reply, however this is for applicants traveling from South Korea, Iran, China. I will be traveling from Dubai. My COPR expires 21 July. Should I still land immediately or I can wait is the concern?
Think there will announcement today about international flights. You will have to self-isolate for 14 days If you leave the airport. If doing a short landing would consider landing and returning home again. Personally would monitor the situation but the next few weeks will tell you how big the situation will be in Canada and the US.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Reactions: icanh

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
Hey Ankur,
where are you planning to land?
I have the flight in same day too!
But not sure if we can travel or not

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Hey Ankur,
where are you planning to land?
I have the flight in same day too!
But not sure if we can travel or not
I preponed my flight to 21st March ( couldn't find an earlier flight ). But just now Canada banned entry to everyone except citizens and PRs. I am trying to find out if CoPRs will be allowed to land or not. :(

Reactions: tusa47

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
I’m flying on 21st too!!
I am checking regarding CoPR as well. Let me know when you have an update.
I will update when I have any.
Thanks

Reactions: tusa47