App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-11-2013
Med's Request
24-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
Hello I want to know what will be effect on International Students which are having May intake 2020.
What they need to take care off as i guess Govt. of Canada may bar them from coming to Canada as most are from India, China or other Asian countries?
Will the colleges be closed till this problem is taken care of as no one is willing to compromise their safety due to this virus or the time schedule will remain as it is for may intake.
I know may intake is about 1+ month later but this situation needs time to clear of.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The situation is changing every hour. It's impossible to say what will be required next week let alone in May.

The government of Canada just told Canadians who are outside the country to return home "while commercial transport remains available."

Anyone travelling from outside Canada into Canada must self-quarantine for 2 weeks.

If you even get your visa, it's hard to say if you will get to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The last point made by KHP is key given airlines are having a hard time at the moment so many routes and connections may take many months to come back if at all and that assumes that they have not laid off too many flight crews which is about to happen. Many airlines are planning to park up in some cases half of their planes and of course that implies letting go crew who will not be easy to bring back immediately as and when.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There are currently no restrictions in coming to Canada, studies will continue online.
China and Hong Kong seem to be beating the disease so unlikely there will be a ban for Asia, dont know whats happening in India.
Watch reliable news sources to see if there is any change as the situation evolves. cbc.ca

Reactions: lonelyThinker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are currently no restrictions in coming to Canada, studies will continue online.
China and Hong Kong seem to be beating the disease so unlikely there will be a ban for Asia, dont know whats happening in India.
Watch reliable news sources to see if there is any change as the situation evolves. cbc.ca
If a student arrives they will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days. People fly with other people so even if cases are slowly decreasing in China it could increase again in another region. It is a fluid situation so it is impossible to say until late April.

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
If a student arrives they will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days. People fly with other people so even if cases are slowly decreasing in China it could increase again in another region. It is a fluid situation so it is impossible to say until late April.
I have a flight to Manitoba from Minnesota in early April for May intake. My state currently has 21 coronavirus confirmed cases, and I'm sure that it will increase in days. Do you think I should delay my flight?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have a flight to Manitoba from Minnesota in early April for May intake. My state currently has 21 coronavirus confirmed cases, and I'm sure that it will increase in days. Do you think I should delay my flight?
It wouldnt make sense to change it without knowing what is going to happen, you might change and change it a worse time, just watch for any new anouncements and if you have a ticket your airline should inform you if anything changes, some airports will be closed soon so flights will be redirected to only a few airports. Quarantine is not required but suggested for peopel arriving into Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Agree with Bongoman makes no sense to change anything until the airline advises you that it is either cancelling flights completely due to lack of demand or redirecting flights to alternative airports as directed by the government. Personally I can see airlines reducing their schedules to a bare minimum as obviously makes no sense to fly empty or near empty planes when people are not travelling for business or pleasure. Also nobody knows yet what extreme measure Trump may take next even maybe temporarily closing off travel between US and Canada or vice versa if the COVID numbers get out of control in the US or in Canada.

ShanayaK

Nov 24, 2019
Hi, I was to join the Spring term but I am thinking of differing the program to July. I have booked my flight tickets for the first week of April. Since they have lifted the travel restrictions now, I'm confused whether to travel as planned in April first week. Because we never know when they will put the restrictions again. Does any one face a similar situation? Piece of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People should still consider if they should come. Schools are closed, do you have a place to immediate self-isolate for 14 days? Hiring is frozen, Is the job associated with your work permit actually running or are they closed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I was to join the Spring term but I am thinking of differing the program to July. I have booked my flight tickets for the first week of April. Since they have lifted the travel restrictions now, I'm confused whether to travel as planned in April first week. Because we never know when they will put the restrictions again. Does any one face a similar situation? Piece of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!
Would suggest asking your school for a deferral.

Reactions: ShanayaK