+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona virus affects study visa may 2020???

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I already booked a ticket on april 6 for may 2020 session.Is there any problem traveling regarding the covid19
currently borders closed so you need to keep checking the news after March 31st to see what happens. If they keep the borders closed after that then you may have to defer to Sept intake.

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
I got Admitted to University of Manitoba then I went for my medical test 10th of February and am planning to go for submission by March ending. I hope this Corona virus of a thing won’t lead to denial of student visa ?
Bro congrats I got admitted also to university of manitoba for fall 2020 admission in the university 1 program

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Canada continues to accept permanent and temporary residence applications and adapt processes Canada is providing more time for some applicants to submit immigration documents.

Canada is taking steps to continue to attract global talent from around the world during a time of global efforts to contain the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

Canada’s federal and provincial governments operate more than 80 economic class immigration pathways today, plus many more pathways for those who arrive under the family or refugee classes, as well as international students, foreign workers, and visitors. The federal government also announced today that its regularly scheduled bi-weekly Express Entry draw did, in fact, take place on Wednesday, March 18.

In recent days, Canada has announced special measures to help limit the spread of COVID-19, as well as to help those interested in moving to Canada as permanent residents or remaining in Canada as temporary residents.

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), individuals are still welcome to continue to submit their Express Entry profiles and permanent residence applications. It is also being more lenient towards temporary residence applicants.

IRCC has stated that it will not refuse applications for non-compliance and it will continue to process applications that are in progress at its case processing centres in Canada and around the world.

Moreover, when it comes time to submit biometrics, applicants will actually have 90 days to complete this step instead of the usual 30 days.

More time for permanent residence applications

If an Express Entry candidate who is invited to apply for permanent residence is unable to submit a completed application before their allotted 60 days are up, they are eligible to provide an explanation to IRCC as to why they are not able to submit all of their required documents. IRCC has the discretion to provide such applicants with a 90-day extension to gather and submit all necessary documents.

Holders of a confirmation of permanent residence can also apply for an extension to their deadline to come to Canada. They simply need to communicate with IRCC via the IRCC web form.

Extensions available to temporary residents

Temporary residents in Canada can also extend their stay during Canada’s coronavirus response.

They can submit their extension application online on IRCC’s website. This applies to individuals who wish to remain in Canada longer on study, work, or visitor permits.

If an individual has already submitted an extension application, they will receive implied status and will be able to stay in Canada while their application is being reviewed.

How you can prepare your immigration application in the meantime

Candidates interested in submitting their Express Entry profile or permanent residence application may be affected by some disruptions for the time being. This should not, however, stop them from preparing their documents to the best of their abilities.

For instance, some candidates may not be able to obtain language test results quickly because some language testing centres are experiencing disruptions. However, candidates who are waiting to write their tests can use this opportunity to spend more time preparing for the language test to increase their chances of getting a higher test score.

Securing a strong test score can translate into big points for Express Entry candidates. Candidates can also use this time to begin collecting many of the other supporting documents they may need to submit an Express Entry profile or provincial or federal application in the future.

Canada to welcome over one million immigrants in the next three years

The coronavirus pandemic is undoubtedly creating some challenges but it is important not to lose sight of the big picture. Canada remains open to global talent and recently announced its 2020-2022 Immigration Levels Plan whereby it is targeting the admissions of over one million new permanent residents over the coming three years.

The plan provides IRCC with plenty of flexibility, including the ability to welcome even more immigrants than its targets. For instance, Canada can welcome up to 390,000 immigrants by 2022.

This suggests that Canada's doors may be swinging open even further once COVID-19 concerns have been addressed.

Reactions: Amaka12

Chethan A

Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I have applied for visa offline paper based application on 4th Feb 2020 in India for April Intake 2020.My medical got cleared on 14th Feb 2020. After that there is no update on portal neither I got any mail. What can be possible reasons for that ? It's almost 44 days since I've applied.
[/QUOTE
Hi bro! Have you received any response?

heny

Mar 17, 2020
your visa will not be rejected because of the virus that you can be sure of it will be delayed but it wont be rejected
But according to the latest news by Canada the students who got their visa before 18th march can only travel to Canada what about the people whose visa application still in process and the intake is May 2020 ??

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Coronavirus and Canada immigration 2020: What you need to knowHere are common questions and answers on how coronavirus has impacted Canada’s immigration policies over the past week

Canada’s immigration policies and procedures have undergone daily changes over the past week as Canada seeks to contain the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

One of Canada’s major measures has been to implement travel restrictions between March 18 and June 30, however Canada is still exempting certain permanent and temporary residents from the restrictions so that they can enter the country.

Can I still submit an Express Entry profile and my permanent residence application?

Yes, to both questions.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) continues to hold Express Entry draws.

IRCC just held a draw last week and invited 668 Express Entry candidates to apply for permanent residence.

In addition, provinces continue to hold draws as well through the Provincial Nominee Program.

IRCC is still processing permanent residence applications. It is processing completed applications as per its normal procedures and providing individuals who are unable to submit completed applications with an additional 90 days if such individuals have experienced delays obtaining documents due to coronavirus-related disruptions.

Find out if you are eligible for any Canadian immigration programs

Who can come to Canada?

IRCC has confirmed that the following individuals are among those who can still come to Canada between now and June 30. IRCC has asked that exempted individuals continue to monitor the federal government’s website before they book their return travel to Canada:

Canadian citizens

Permanent residents

Immediate family of Canadian citizens and permanent residents

Permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence prior to March 16 and who had not yet travelled to Canada

Temporary foreign workers

International students who held a valid study permit or had been approved for one as of March 18

Transiting passengers

What is the definition of immediate family?

According to IRCC, immediate family means:

Spouse or common-law partner

Dependent child

Grandchild

Parent or step-parent

Guardian or tutor

What are Canada’s land travel restrictions?

Canada and the U.S. have mutually agreed to stop non-essential traffic between the two countries. Canadians visiting the U.S. would still be allowed to return home.

Can I flagpole?

Do not travel to the Canada-U.S. border to update your immigration status until further notice has been provided by the federal government. The federal government has stated that travelling to the border for immigration purposes to update permanent residence, temporary residence, or visitor status (also known as “flagpoling”), is deemed non-essential travel. Those in Canada on a temporary basis can apply online on IRCC’s website to update their status.

What are Canada’s land travel exemptions?

All essential travel between Canada and the U.S. will continue, ensuring supply chains of food and life-saving medicines resume.

Can I still apply for temporary residence?

Yes. IRCC will continue to accept and process new applications for temporary residence. However, you will not be able to travel to Canada until the travel restrictions have been lifted.

Does the coronavirus pandemic impact IRCC’s processing times?

There may be delays in processing times due to service disruptions and restrictions.

What do I do if my temporary status as a visitor, worker or student is about to expire?

If you are currently in Canada, you are able to apply to extend your status online. You will be allowed to remain in Canada until a decision is made on your new application. You should not travel to a port of entry to apply.

Will I still be able to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) if my course of study is being delivered online?

If your course is being delivered online due to the coronavirus pandemic, this will not affect your eligibility to the PGWP Program, and you may still apply.

What is the impact on refugees and asylum seekers?

Canada relies on the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and other organizations to identify refugees that need to be resettled. Last week, the UNHCR and International Organization for Migration (IOM) announced the temporary suspension of resettlement travel for refugees. These organizations may make alternative arrangements for refugees in transit.

Canada continues to accept asylum claimants in Canada, except those who wish to make an asylum claim at the US-Canada border. The two countries announced that irregular migrants attempting to cross the border will also be returned.

Rimjim thind

Mar 24, 2020
Hello , i applied my application on 19th march for sep intake , can this situation affect my visa process or can i get my visa..?

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Should the may 2020 intake students from india, plan to travel?
Currently it won't be advisable...your school should have sent you an email, most schools are already offering their students the deferment option cause of the pandemic as all schools are closed already....so may intake is not advisable so I say you start working on how to defer..

Reactions: Ankur Jhanji

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I applied by study visa on 19 march for sep intake , can this condition affect my. Visa process.??
More than likely colleges will take longer to send offers as most are likely closed at the moment and IRCC may same as any commercial organisation have challenges in maintaining staffing levels so you should expect things to gtake longer than usual regardless even of what the processing time site might say.

Nothing any where can be expected to be normal with the current emergency and of course nobody should expect anything to be normal

Reactions: Rimjim thind