+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copy of rental agreement submitted with application?

dkhtrieu1006

Apr 25, 2020
Me and my wife recently moved to Winnipeg from Toronto. So, in our application, we're including copies of both rental agreement of our current and former place. However, our former rental is only a room in a residential house. We did sign the Ontario standard lease with the owners, but we don't think they've filed their rental income tax or something similar. So I'm concern that our rental is not "in the system". Do the evaluators reach out to landlords/ house owners about this? What if they lie about it? (to avoid tax?)

Follow-up question: Since moving to Winnipeg, we haven't switch our IDs to our current region yet (COVID-19, trying to stay indoor as much as possible). So while we're submitting our old IDs with old address, we also include a written explanation to this. I figure this will make sense?

Thanks to whoever read my question!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Me and my wife recently moved to Winnipeg from Toronto. So, in our application, we're including copies of both rental agreement of our current and former place. However, our former rental is only a room in a residential house. We did sign the Ontario standard lease with the owners, but we don't think they've filed their rental income tax or something similar. So I'm concern that our rental is not "in the system". Do the evaluators reach out to landlords/ house owners about this? What if they lie about it? (to avoid tax?)

Follow-up question: Since moving to Winnipeg, we haven't switch our IDs to our current region yet (COVID-19, trying to stay indoor as much as possible). So while we're submitting our old IDs with old address, we also include a written explanation to this. I figure this will make sense?

Thanks to whoever read my question!
There is no "system". The fact that your landlords are committing tax fraud has no bearing on you, though you really should report them to CRA. IRCC doesn't call them.

The ID thing should be fine.

Reactions: dkhtrieu1006